V-Cool

Guest customcuttinting

Guest darkdan
Thanks for the tips. Our other store here in Phoenix is Accent By Masters. Strictly flatglass. Commercial and residential. I however run the automotive store down the street. V-cool is what I was thinking of putting on some hi-end cars. We are the only V-cool dealer in phoenix. Thx

Only V-Kool dealer in town and you can't even spell it correctly..........sad.

Guest customcuttinting
Thanks for the tips. Our other store here in Phoenix is Accent By Masters. Strictly flatglass. Commercial and residential. I however run the automotive store down the street. V-cool is what I was thinking of putting on some hi-end cars. We are the only V-cool dealer in phoenix. Thx

Like I said in my post, I am Automotive. Accent by Masters down the street are the flatglass experts. THEY use V-Kool, and are the V-Kool dealer in Phx. That is why I asked for advice from AUTOMOTIVE window tinters who might have experience with it on AUTO'S!

Guest irishhanks2

:thumb:dunno

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Like I said in my post, I am Automotive. Accent by Masters down the street are the flatglass experts. THEY use V-Kool, and are the V-Kool dealer in Phx. That is why I asked for advice from AUTOMOTIVE window tinters who might have experience with it on AUTO'S!

Tell Dave that everything will shrink, just need patience :dunno:thumb

Guest vclimber

We used to put it on cars. 2 of our installers had it dialed but it definitely wouldn't work on every type of vehicle. Took a lot longer to shrink because they had to go slow.

I have installed a little of the J60 over the past year. Probably 3-4 cars a month. Per my rep, there is no metal in the J60, but it still takes a while longer to shrink. There is a trick to shrinking it that works for me. I hold the heat farther away, keep it moving in circles, and only used a gloved hand (no cards). The film gets so hot on the surface, it melts my hard cards.

Guest Litespeeds

I tried their J60 when it first came out and the first sample they sent me looked great but when I ordered a roll of that stuff, I didn't like what I got because I felt the film looked a little hazy. Upon close inspection, I can see millions of small whitish dots on the film. Sent the roll back and stopped using it since then.

I only carry their VK-70 and VK-40. Damn this stuff is expensive.

Guest customcuttinting
I tried their J60 when it first came out and the first sample they sent me looked great but when I ordered a roll of that stuff, I didn't like what I got because I felt the film looked a little hazy. Upon close inspection, I can see millions of small whitish dots on the film. Sent the roll back and stopped using it since then.

VK-40 and 70 is the stuff I got a hold of. I know it is extremely challenging to shrink. I wonder if putting it on windshields, per customer request, is noticeable enough to start trouble w/ law enforcement

Guest darkdan

I would think if you wanted to there are high vlt films out there that are less expensive and easier to work with that will give close to the same heat rejection.

Guest Litespeeds

VK-40 and 70 is the stuff I got a hold of. I know it is extremely challenging to shrink. I wonder if putting it on windshields, per customer request, is noticeable enough to start trouble w/ law enforcement

I wouldn't install that on front windshields. The V-Kool has a slight bit of greenish/goldish reflective look to it that you can see on overcast days. Kind of hard to describe but you will know when you install it and see it. This stuff takes like almost 2 weeks or more to dry out as the soap solution does not evaporate well from it. Maybe in the Arizona heat it will dry faster but it also depends upon what squeegee you are using on it. I use a heavy duty squeegee that you use for security film and it still takes about 2 weeks to dry.

V-Kool overall is pretty optically clear but I have had a few rolls every now and then that has a little more adhesive distortion that I would like. If you ended up with a roll like that and installed the film on a front windshield, you will notice the distortion especially driving at night. Also since the film does not shrink well, I don't recommend trying it on a front windshield as you have no defrost lines to hide relief cuts if necessary. Also if you screw up, that would be one heck of an expensive piece of film to throw away.

Have you tried heat shrinking the V-Kool yet? If so, on what car?

Archived