Aegis window film

Guest Sunlimited

Playing devils advocate again..... I have never had a problem with Aegis stealing work from me. They SEND me work. I have done installations for them before without incident. As far as I know, the jobs they quote are handed to local installers to install. This is probably the issue in all of your areas too. It is just that, since you refuse to do business with them at this time, YOU do not receive the installation work.

I have seen this issue with Madcow in this area, but never Aegis.

In all honesty, if I were the Pres, I wouldn't respond here either. If I remember correctly, the last time, the acusations flowed so furious, that no one seemed to want to hear a truthful answer, only feed the fire. As I said, It is the exact opposite or me, and might be in your area, you are just not the one installing it. Inall honesty, no one could afford to send a crew into other areas of the country to install. The costs inurred would make it impossible to do the work without losing money. If you want the work, I say contact them directly and offer your services to do installations.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats all well and good, but would you do business with a company that also owns an installation company that will be competing directly with you on large jobs? Even after the president of that company came on this site SWEARING that his only interest is helping YOU make more money? Call me stupid, but I'd rather spend a few pennies more elsewhere for a shred of integrity.

You know thats funny Rocketman. Now that you mentioned it, he hasnt been back around since somebody called him out on that :evileye

Yes, and we should all be working together to shine a light on the gray areas some of these outfits like to operate in and the games they play so that we have the truth about who we are really dealing with and how they conduct their business in terms of their impact on each of us as individual dealers and our industry.

Harvey,

Unfortunatley, all manufacturers sell installations. In most areas of the country, this has to happen, since purchasers for large corporations go directly to the manufacturer. Most end users in the coprorate world, will not deal with the local guy for many reasons. One would be time constraints. The average buyer for a large corporation has hundreds of things to do per day,and film would be only one of them. Therefore, it is easier to contact Manufacturers for what you need at that level. Instead of turning it over to the small guy, local tinter, Manufacturers quote the job to insure they get the work. Many then turn it over to local retailers to install. I can say from experience, that most local guys do not have the wherewithall to present a quote with a price competitive enough for extremely large jobs. But, having learned the game, I understand that I can receive more work by working with the manufacturer on this. Most of us will never see this work, since we see fit to bite a hand that could feed us. I for one will work with any manufacturer or deistributor that sends me work.

Guest Key West
Playing devils advocate again..... I have never had a problem with Aegis stealing work from me. They SEND me work. I have done installations for them before without incident. As far as I know, the jobs they quote are handed to local installers to install. This is probably the issue in all of your areas too. It is just that, since you refuse to do business with them at this time, YOU do not receive the installation work.

In all honesty, if I were the Pres, I wouldn't respond here either. If I remember correctly, the last time, the acusations flowed so furious, that no one seemed to want to hear a truthful answer, only feed the fire. As I said, It is the exact opposite or me, and might be in your area, you are just not the one installing it. Inall honesty, no one could afford to send a crew into other areas of the country to install. The costs inurred would make it impossible to do the work without losing money. If you want the work, I say contact them directly and offer your services to do installations.

I have not personally lost business to them, nor do I expect that I would recieve any leads from them since I do not buy their film. I DO know of a couple of folks in ATL that have lost some decent jobs to them, tho. And Barry Edwards came on this site to PERSONALLY GUARANTEE that Aegis is not engaged in direct competition, and does not have an installation dept, He definitively stated that Aegis is in business to make and sell film, not install it, yet it was discovered that under their corporate unbrella there are at least 2 companies registered to a Walter somethingorother owned by Aegis whose sole purpose would seem to be installation.

Kinda funny that Mr Edwards didn't have much to say after being confronted by the facts. :evileye

This is not the type of company that I want to do business with. Right now, if Mr. Edwards told me Good Morning, I'd go look and see if it really was.

Guest SoCar

Everyone has a different business strategy. It would be nice though, If distributor were frank about what they do regarding commercial jobs etc. I dont think anyone likes feeling blinded-side by a business associate. Especially in this day and age of "win-win".

Do any of you have the link to the thread mentioned above. I remember one a while back but don't remember there being too big of an issue. I thought the company had come on and talked and explained well. I must have not read it all or misunderstood or something. I like their film and what I have seen from the company has been awesome so far.

Guest SoCar

I think it's only an issue to those in Atlanta, then parts of the Carolinas. I am sure up do well with shipping and support functions. I think the Atlanta folks just dont like the apparent lack of boundries or business transparency.

Guest darkdan
Steve, who REALLY makes the film and where?

They own a coating machine (not a full manufacturing plant). I believe it's in NC from what has been posted on here.

I have not personally lost business to them, nor do I expect that I would recieve any leads from them since I do not buy their film. I DO know of a couple of folks in ATL that have lost some decent jobs to them, tho. And Barry Edwards came on this site to PERSONALLY GUARANTEE that Aegis is not engaged in direct competition, and does not have an installation dept, He definitively stated that Aegis is in business to make and sell film, not install it, yet it was discovered that under their corporate unbrella there are at least 2 companies registered to a Walter somethingorother owned by Aegis whose sole purpose would seem to be installation.

Kinda funny that Mr Edwards didn't have much to say after being confronted by the facts. :spit

This is not the type of company that I want to do business with. Right now, if Mr. Edwards told me Good Morning, I'd go look and see if it really was.

Key,

I have nothing but respect for Aegis. They have been up front with me and fed me work. But I have to say, it would have seemed that you have lost work or had personal run ins with Mr Edwards by the way you consistantly have negative posts about him. I would ask, why have'nt you tried their film? IT is very good quality, priced right, and they work with you on jobs in your specific area. We can argue all day long about your personal dislike for him, but, if you have not used the film or been in their network, it seems hard to make a judgement. If they find that they have been requested to bid on a job that I, as a customer, am also bidding on, they step aside and offer to help. IF you look into the practice of which you speak, there are many companies doing this, yet I see you only attack this one. It would seem this is very personal to you, and I, for one, cannot read your posts without thinking that it's not the product, but a vendetta of some sort. I would hope this is not the truth, since you are one of the members here being entrusted with forming the association, and personal issues should never be brought into that.

Archived