Aegis window film

Guest Sunlimited

Guest vclimber
Playing devils advocate again..... I have never had a problem with Aegis stealing work from me. They SEND me work. I have done installations for them before without incident. As far as I know, the jobs they quote are handed to local installers to install. This is probably the issue in all of your areas too. It is just that, since you refuse to do business with them at this time, YOU do not receive the installation work.

I have seen this issue with Madcow in this area, but never Aegis.

In all honesty, if I were the Pres, I wouldn't respond here either. If I remember correctly, the last time, the acusations flowed so furious, that no one seemed to want to hear a truthful answer, only feed the fire. As I said, It is the exact opposite or me, and might be in your area, you are just not the one installing it. Inall honesty, no one could afford to send a crew into other areas of the country to install. The costs inurred would make it impossible to do the work without losing money. If you want the work, I say contact them directly and offer your services to do installations.

I have not personally lost business to them, nor do I expect that I would recieve any leads from them since I do not buy their film. I DO know of a couple of folks in ATL that have lost some decent jobs to them, tho. And Barry Edwards came on this site to PERSONALLY GUARANTEE that Aegis is not engaged in direct competition, and does not have an installation dept, He definitively stated that Aegis is in business to make and sell film, not install it, yet it was discovered that under their corporate unbrella there are at least 2 companies registered to a Walter somethingorother owned by Aegis whose sole purpose would seem to be installation.

Kinda funny that Mr Edwards didn't have much to say after being confronted by the facts. :beer

This is not the type of company that I want to do business with. Right now, if Mr. Edwards told me Good Morning, I'd go look and see if it really was.

Key,

I have nothing but respect for Aegis. They have been up front with me and fed me work. But I have to say, it would have seemed that you have lost work or had personal run ins with Mr Edwards by the way you consistantly have negative posts about him. I would ask, why have'nt you tried their film? IT is very good quality, priced right, and they work with you on jobs in your specific area. We can argue all day long about your personal dislike for him, but, if you have not used the film or been in their network, it seems hard to make a judgement. If they find that they have been requested to bid on a job that I, as a customer, am also bidding on, they step aside and offer to help. IF you look into the practice of which you speak, there are many companies doing this, yet I see you only attack this one. It would seem this is very personal to you, and I, for one, cannot read your posts without thinking that it's not the product, but a vendetta of some sort. I would hope this is not the truth, since you are one of the members here being entrusted with forming the association, and personal issues should never be brought into that.

I can't speak for key but I did read in another forum where aegispresident said that they do not do retail or have ownership in it and then another member posted evidence that showed otherwise. It is one thing to admit wearing both hats, it is quite another to deny it and then get caught. :spit

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Playing devils advocate again..... I have never had a problem with Aegis stealing work from me. They SEND me work. I have done installations for them before without incident. As far as I know, the jobs they quote are handed to local installers to install. This is probably the issue in all of your areas too. It is just that, since you refuse to do business with them at this time, YOU do not receive the installation work.

I have seen this issue with Madcow in this area, but never Aegis.

In all honesty, if I were the Pres, I wouldn't respond here either. If I remember correctly, the last time, the acusations flowed so furious, that no one seemed to want to hear a truthful answer, only feed the fire. As I said, It is the exact opposite or me, and might be in your area, you are just not the one installing it. Inall honesty, no one could afford to send a crew into other areas of the country to install. The costs inurred would make it impossible to do the work without losing money. If you want the work, I say contact them directly and offer your services to do installations.

I have not personally lost business to them, nor do I expect that I would recieve any leads from them since I do not buy their film. I DO know of a couple of folks in ATL that have lost some decent jobs to them, tho. And Barry Edwards came on this site to PERSONALLY GUARANTEE that Aegis is not engaged in direct competition, and does not have an installation dept, He definitively stated that Aegis is in business to make and sell film, not install it, yet it was discovered that under their corporate unbrella there are at least 2 companies registered to a Walter somethingorother owned by Aegis whose sole purpose would seem to be installation.

Kinda funny that Mr Edwards didn't have much to say after being confronted by the facts. :beer

This is not the type of company that I want to do business with. Right now, if Mr. Edwards told me Good Morning, I'd go look and see if it really was.

Key,

I have nothing but respect for Aegis. They have been up front with me and fed me work. But I have to say, it would have seemed that you have lost work or had personal run ins with Mr Edwards by the way you consistantly have negative posts about him. I would ask, why have'nt you tried their film? IT is very good quality, priced right, and they work with you on jobs in your specific area. We can argue all day long about your personal dislike for him, but, if you have not used the film or been in their network, it seems hard to make a judgement. If they find that they have been requested to bid on a job that I, as a customer, am also bidding on, they step aside and offer to help. IF you look into the practice of which you speak, there are many companies doing this, yet I see you only attack this one. It would seem this is very personal to you, and I, for one, cannot read your posts without thinking that it's not the product, but a vendetta of some sort. I would hope this is not the truth, since you are one of the members here being entrusted with forming the association, and personal issues should never be brought into that.

I can't speak for key but I did read in another forum where aegispresident said that they do not do retail or have ownership in it and then another member posted evidence that showed otherwise. It is one thing to admit wearing both hats, it is quite another to deny it and then get caught. :beer

I only believe what I know to be fact. Every manufacturer has persons quoting jobs. Since I have run into many of them, I know it to be true. LLuLLu recently hires outside sales reps to directly market to bulding owners/property managers and more. Madcow dist is sister company of large installer here. Who do you think gets their work?? No matter what is stated by company officials, I only see this company attacked on a regular basis. Have any of you LLuLLu or Madcow dealers looked into this practice?? I look at pricing and quality and have found Aegis to be great in both categories. If they quote in your market, or any other, and turn over the installation to THEIR local customers, I see no foul here. Other than the fact that complaints are not coming from AEGIS dealers, but installers of other films. My suggestion would be to contact YOUR film supplier and find out why they are not working for you on this. I have seen, in this market, employees of the Manufacturers quoting jobs, yet it is only Aegis that has forwarded work to us. The other big guys quote and turn it over to their distributor/installation companies. We can discuss semantics aal day long, but the main gist of my post was that it greatly appears to be personal for Key, since, as a major proponent of this industry, I have never seen him post this about any of the other manufacturers who do this. If it is not personal, why don't we see any complaints about the others, possibly his own use film??

I only state that the films I use from Aegis are of good quality and great price. :spit:spit

Guest aegispresident

TD Community,

The following links are the first posts I made on TintDude in 2007. I have never denied having installation locations. If I have misled anyone to believe that I did not have installation locations, I am truly sorry. Read the entire thread. I went into a lot of detail as to why I made the decision to create installation locations. As for Key West, I do not know how it could be personal. To my knowledge, I have never met or spoken with this individual. I have met HarveyD. He is a Vista/Formula One dealer in Atlanta, GA. The installation side competes with HarveyD daily.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=36589&hl=

Post# 9, Post #27

For anyone that truly knows me or has been a customer of my company, I am honest and fair - not perfect by any means. As I have posted many, many times, call me. It's toll free. I am open and willing to have a conversation with anyone. If you are not in North America, PM me with your number and I will gladly call you.

Sincerely,

Barry D. Edwards

President

Aegis Films Inc.

Guest Key West
TD Community,

The following links are the first posts I made on TintDude in 2007. I have never denied having installation locations. If I have misled anyone to believe that I did not have installation locations, I am truly sorry. Read the entire thread. I went into a lot of detail as to why I made the decision to create installation locations. As for Key West, I do not know how it could be personal. To my knowledge, I have never met or spoken with this individual. I have met HarveyD. He is a Vista/Formula One dealer in Atlanta, GA. The installation side competes with HarveyD daily.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=36589&hl=

Post# 9, Post #27

For anyone that truly knows me or has been a customer of my company, I am honest and fair - not perfect by any means. As I have posted many, many times, call me. It's toll free. I am open and willing to have a conversation with anyone. If you are not in North America, PM me with your number and I will gladly call you.

Sincerely,

Barry D. Edwards

President

Aegis Films Inc.

It's NOT personal with you or your company, and yes, we have talked. I had called you about V-Kool.

I have lost business in the past many years to other distributors who compete unfairly. Mayhaps I need to re-read the thread, but I consider myself fairly well educated (not to mention literate), and what I read previously was not what I wanted to hear from any company, especially in light of the revelation that Aegis is indeed involved in the installation side. That fact was denied, and it was brought forth that indeed Aegis did own retail installation locations.

I have tried your film, and liked it. But I don't care if someone makes the holy grail of films, if they are in direct competition with me and using their pricing leverage, I got no use for that company.

I am sick to death of the double dealing and underhanded practices that run rampant in this business.

A posit for you. You own a manufacturing firm. You get leads/sales for large projects. Do you A) dole these sales/leads out to your loyal dealers, or B) Do you send them to your installation companies? When bidding on jobs locally against other dealers, do your installation companies get your pricing and bid on work at that level, or do they pay the same for film as the rest of us, and bid jobs at that pricing level?

Any comment made about your company could well be said about several other companies as well. You just happened to be the most recent example, and it's all on record.

I still remember the Comfort Vision fiasco.

Addendum: OK, I re-read the thread you cite. Still reads the same to me. Unfortunately alot of it is gone now. Put yourself in a dealers shoes for a moment. Would you be happy that your distributor also did installations with the blessing of the manufacturer of your film? How happy would you be to lose a YMCA job to your distributor/manufacturer? I'd suggest you go back and re-read that thread thru the eyes of one of your dealers.

Again, this is NOT personal with you, or your company. Right about the time I was trying out your film (Nice stuff, I might add) is when you were "outed". I read and re-read everything, and when you combine this revelation with the CV fiasco, what the hell are we supposed to believe? I just know that for a distributor/manufacturer to be bidding on ANY jobs based on your pricing structure is unethical at best, quite possibly !llegal at worst, but then you'd know that. I hear you are an attorney. :shock

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

whoa whoa whoa. Everyone cool off here. Personally. I know most of you here involved in this thread. Youy are all great people and very passionate about this industry, and making money. I for one have no problems with Aegis or their practices. I do get alot of great leads on jobs. I do get a great deal on a great product. I do get treated like a good friend and customer. I like that alot. I proudly display thier logo on all my advertizing, work vehicles, website, and work uniform. Why? Plain and simple. I get treated as though I spend a million dollars a year with them. Although I spend alot less. Yes, I knew they do installs, flat and very little auto. I have never ever had to bid up against them. I am sure it can happen, I aint skeered. It doesn't bother me a bit. I don't like doing really large jobs anyhow. I like a lot of small ones. 70% or so of my auto biz has come in one form or another from leads from Aegis, And I know they give leads to others around here. Thanks Barry! Beeline! and Ricky. You guys rock!!! I have seen way dirtier bizness practices from other distributers and Manufactuers. I don't know what else to say. Whatever Aegis has done has not hurt me or my buisness, it has only helped.

Key, you risk my livelihood as well as yours with this stuff, if you have an issue with Barry, then CALL HIM ON THE PHONE, is that so hard, why do you have to talk smack on a forum if you are upset with him?

I have found the Aegis company top notch in my limited dealings with them. I emailed Barry for my first real contact with the company. Within a couple hours not only had I received a phone call but the rep for my area was at my doorstep ready to talk film with me. That rep spent an hour and a half or so with me, even shrunk a back glass to let me see the film shrinking. Within 2 days I had my sample and first order. The film has been great to work with. I have only used it twice so far. I am looking forward to possibly making them the main player of film that I use.

I am probably too new at all of this, only a couple years into tinting but seems to me their company has installation sites and are growing into being a main player in making film and distributing it. Sounds to me like someone has a vision and is making it happen. I have a vision but it is mostly still a pipe dream. <--- making fun of myself a bit. no-one else!! Everyone have a great week and happy tinting.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA
Steve, who REALLY makes the film and where?

They own a coating machine (not a full manufacturing plant). I believe it's in NC from what has been posted on here.

who gives a rats ass.

Archived