Vista Dealers

Guest vclimber

Guest Readyman

I think that Bekaert is trying to do something similar with their Panorama program.

They want to charge more psf on all of your purchases so that you can have an "Elite" warranty. :thumb

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
Agreed, the 10yr glass breakage is fluff. And then there is the 18yr commercial warranty... where are the MFG's headed? Over the years commercial warranties have jumped from 5 to 7 to 10 to 12 to 15yrs and now 18yrs! In the duration between 10-18yrs has the film changed so as to warrant an increase in the duration of the warranty?

I would never go for an 18 year commercial warranty, there's simply to many things that could happen.

CP doesn't care though, if it helps them sell more film than great.

Could you imagine having a warranty issue on a large project and have CP come back with "will supply the film and give $1 psf labor".

Great, exactly what I would want to do. Try to scrape that crap off the glass for $1 psf (or whatever pathetic warranty labor rate they have at the time).

No thanks, there are to many other quality options available on the market today, think I'll go elsewhere.

What is labor going to cost you 18yrs from now? :lol

I think that Bekaert is trying to do something similar with their Panorama program.

They want to charge more psf on all of your purchases so that you can have an "Elite" warranty. :thumb

Yes they do. It's the "Premium Plus Warranty" 10yr glass breakage and 16yr commercial film warranty. Residential 5yr transferable and I think it is either 1500 or 2k max per pane...

Guest tintgod

hell...why dont they just give a lifetime warranty on glass breakage.. :thumb

There is a time in life when you just have to say stop.

Where is the profit for the dealer? Also, I am assuming the dealer will be responsible for handling the warranty if there is an issue even though you are spending more money for product.

How many people have actually had to replace or dealt with broken glass after two years? I cannot remember the last time.

Huper tried something like this a while back and it went over like a turd in a punch bowl

im with you on that one..I think this is one more way to :lol the dealers. :thumb

Guest vclimber

If you buy under 100,000 sq ft per year or are doing a lot of commercial work then I think these types of warranties are a great deal because of the glass warranty match and the maximum coverages. I don't appreciate the fluff 10yr glass breakage or the escalating commercial terms. But when you sell 100k sq ft per year or more that is at least 25 grand in warranty fees every year. Now it becomes a different story... :thumb

Guest Readyman

It's things like this that makes me think this industry (manufacturers) is in far more serious trouble than we realize.

Programs like the 2 mentioned are designed only to create a quick short term cash flow, with any potential payouts being many years away.

For some reason, it really shakes my faith and confidence in both companies.

Archived