Toyota Fj Cruiser Windshield

Guest tintman80

Guest tintman80

iv been doing this for 10yrs now and now is the first time ill have to swallow my pride because of the poor design by toyota. will someone please share the secret on how to get to the glass to cut it out b4 I demolish all the plastic around it. thanks for your help and time.

Guest CleanCutter

racking my brain trying to think what the problem is ... done a few FJ's and don't remember an issue with them.

you did all the normal stuff right? wipers off, cowl trim off, etc.? You say you've been doing it for 10 years, so I assume that means PROFESSIONALLY? You using your long and short cold knives and your 18/36v Express "sawzall" blades?

what plastic pieces are you talking about trying not to mess up???

Guest Hot Carl

This windshield isnt all that bad to do after you do one or two. The top molding does suck to remove. I have found it works best with 2 guys to remove the top white metal strip. one lifts up the molding with two panel tools while the other cuts the 5 factory glue spots the put down just above the glass to sucure from rattling. Then remove the side moldings with a hook tool and when you reinstall the glass I would use the sika u-lip molding. works mint. you can express out the windshield without damaging anything(I can). and install the bottom molding before reinstalling the glass. I found its easier. any questions feel free to email me at hotcrawl01@hotmail.com. Carl H.

Archived