Advice Please

Guest jefflad

Guest jefflad

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting my VW Touran's rear windows tinted would like some advice. I popped into my local shop yesterday and it appears they heat shrink it with the windows in, what kind of damage will this heat do to the surrounding areas? when in the winter scraping ice off the car will this damage the tint, for that matter will de-icer? The shaded dots around the edge of the windows in the car will this affect the appearance? I'm sure I'll have other questions but these few will do.

Thanks

Jeff

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting my VW Touran's rear windows tinted would like some advice. I popped into my local shop yesterday and it appears they heat shrink it with the windows in, what kind of damage will this heat do to the surrounding areas?

None at all.

when in the winter scraping ice off the car will this damage the tint, for that matter will de-icer?

Even though it's heat shaped on the outside, the film is installed on the inside, so scraping ice off isn't going to hurt the tint. The defroster isn't going to hurt it either.

The shaded dots around the edge of the windows in the car will this affect the appearance? I'm sure I'll have other questions but these few will do.

Thanks

Jeff

Typically the dotted areas create this effect:

matrix.jpg

Not much can be done about that, on some cars the dots are just too thick for the film to stick.

Good luck!

Guest naughtydog

I have a Touran - you main concern should be not that you think the film goes on the outside but ensure the quarter windows in the back doors are removed for tinting. There is no way these can be done in place without hacking the hell out of the seal and installing a limo film so you cant see the damage done from the outside.

Guest walestint
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting my VW Touran's rear windows tinted would like some advice. I popped into my local shop yesterday and it appears they heat shrink it with the windows in, what kind of damage will this heat do to the surrounding areas? when in the winter scraping ice off the car will this damage the tint, for that matter will de-icer? The shaded dots around the edge of the windows in the car will this affect the appearance? I'm sure I'll have other questions but these few will do.

Thanks

Jeff

yes they shrink the film on he outside, but install it on the inside so scraping ice of the rear screen will not affect the tint unless you scrape really hard :evileye

as ND said, removal of rear door quarters are a must

Im sure the place you went into would have told you this....

good luck :drunk

Guest jefflad

Thanks for those replies.... about the 1/4 lights I didn't check :dunno

So am I correct in thinking if I go ahead with this all the glass can remian in place but I should expect the 1/4 lights to be removed?

Thanks

again....

Guest naughtydog
Thanks for those replies.... about the 1/4 lights I didn't check :dunno

So am I correct in thinking if I go ahead with this all the glass can remian in place but I should expect the 1/4 lights to be removed?

Thanks

again....

Correct

Archived