Bad news!

Guest socaltint1

Guest socaltint1

So Ive been working with a tinter (names have been changed to protect the innocent) and for "some reason (investigation)" he closed his business down.

I have thoroughly enjoyed what Ive done and another guy and I have the chance to go into business together. We have everything we need for a mobile business but would like to eventually move into a shop.

My question is, we have been doing some research but what do I need as far as gov't ID's, licenses, resale certificates :lol2 and such to set up as a dealer? We have called a few places and they have said "ok you need this number and that number etc."

Can someone just tell me in plain english the steps we need to do??? (Im in Southern CA)

PS: If I posted this in the wrong area feel free to move it. Oh and anyone have input on their favorite vendor? :shock

Guest Litespeeds

First thing is to go to your City County office and apply for a business license. Then go to Fictitious Business Names and get your name. Maybe that first before you go to the County Office. Then go to your bank and set up a business account. If you go mobile, your fixed expenses will be fairly low but you should consider getting some type of insurance. Then set up an account with your film manufacturer and purchase your inventory. Get some pre-printed invoices and you are pretty much good to go. Keep records of all your spendings and it is advisable to see an accountant to get everything all squared away as he can tell you what you can write off and deduct from your taxes. Good Luck!

Guest General Sun Shield
Fock the "government", you will only get to bid if you are a "minority" according to the "government" never mind that white people are now the numerical minority.

Put the bidness in wifes name.

Female Biz owner..Minority.. :shock

Guest Thetintcenter
Fock the "government", you will only get to bid if you are a "minority" according to the "government" never mind that white people are now the numerical minority.

WOW! I think some people might take offense to this. :shock

WOW! I think some people might take offense to this. :shock

Thats an understatement I wonder how many "minority" tinters are on here?

cheers

Guest pmuzik

WOW! I think some people might take offense to this. :thumb

cheers

Quite a few I'm sure and more power to them :thumb

And I know TD does not intend to OFFEND anyone.

Neither do I But I agree with him as far as " affirmative action " goes. Pure politcal bullcrap !!!! a fancy name government authorized racial prejudice. Opportunity abounds in this great country of ours and you can suceed by working hard towards your goals. Why should the government provide an unfair advantage for someone ? The freemarket system works as long as long as the agenda oriented politicians stay the fock out of it.

Guest JUSTIN

Go to the Secretary of State's website, they all have business wizards you can use to help set up your business, and they have links to the offices you need to contact to start up a business, including county and city offices. Good luck :thumb

Guest Thetintcenter

WOW! I think some people might take offense to this. :thumb

cheers

Quite a few I'm sure and more power to them :thumb

And I know TD does not intend to OFFEND anyone.

Neither do I But I agree with him as far as " affirmative action " goes. Pure politcal bullcrap !!!! a fancy name government authorized racial prejudice. Opportunity abounds in this great country of ours and you can suceed by working hard towards your goals. Why should the government provide an unfair advantage for someone ? The freemarket system works as long as long as the agenda oriented politicians stay the fock out of it.

I understand where you are coming from ... but the whole "white people" statement is BS. When are people in this country going to start accepting people for who they are and what they do rather than what they look like? If it weren't for the "minorities" or non-white people - we probably won't have materials to work in our trade.

Archived