tint competition

damn that sucks. I dont have any ideas off the top of my head but that points system is terrible. I'd rather see scraps on the floor and a f'in perfect tint installation mang. Oh well, congrats on the win its a tight thing to show off in a shop!

:thumb

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest... first round, my guys job was super super dirty. but we could only deduct 3 for that. everything else was good. some guys ran close on time and left scraps on the ground, fingers popped up, didnt fill out their warranty cards with roll #'s. it was way different than regular tint competitions, but they wanted to show how it would be in vegas at the IWFA contest.

Guest FilmBlazer
damn that sucks. I dont have any ideas off the top of my head but that points system is terrible. I'd rather see scraps on the floor and a f'in perfect tint installation mang. Oh well, congrats on the win its a tight thing to show off in a shop!

:thumb

/agree

I think there are some inherent flaws in these tint competitions. The way they are set up pretty much decides who is the best MOBILE tinter.

No disrespect meant to mobile tinters, I can't tint cars mobile well at all, but they are used to all sorts of conditions, which lends itself to this kind of competition. By no means should the winners ever be declared the best tinter or whatever. They were simply the best tinter that was there on that day. :twocents

it was indoors and there were peeler boards. ive been to the solar gard competitions and they are always outdoors so being mobile helps. I actually want to do more mobile installs just to get better at it. if you can get a great mobile install, you should be able to get a near perfect job in a controlled enviroment.

update:

CPfilms sent out 3 contestants to rep. my guy mickey was 1 of them. he took his girlfirend with him so I hung back. he said he did good but 10 minutes after he finished a finger popped on one of his doors, and he didnt make the finals. he took 7th and the other 2 CP guys took 1st and 2nd. the car was a mazda 6. first round was one side of doors, not the wing though. final was the back only.

Yeah my brother blew it :thumb He was in the 3rd round and had to strip film and glue off. Said he only had 1 deduction on his windows but the dumbass left like 7 tools in the front seat when they called time :thumb Les won it again this year, the judge said my brother would have been in the finals if it weren't for leaving his tools in the car. Oh well :thumb

Archived