tint competition

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its one of my guys I brought up from murrieta.

judging was kind of weird. the IWFA standards makes it wack.

judging was blind so we couldnt watch the tinters so it was kind of boring. we sat in a room and they let us know when the car was done.

out of 25 points you could only deduct -3 max for dirt/lint/hair. so regardless of how dirty, you could only deduct so much. a lot of points were for exterior of car, interior of car. streaks on glass. swept up work area, water on floor.

the only major deductions you could dock were for light gaps, hanging film, and film not below the rubber.

so cuts and positioniong was the major factor. oh also cleanliness of the entire job after. your windows could be dirty as hell, but the car was supossed to look detailed when you were done.

Since when does the shop floor being clean post installation have anything to do with the final product. It seems like the only thing that is really important that they were looking for was cut out and placement. :thumb Something tells me that the one's that make the rules may not be actual installers, or at least don't install on a regular basis. I could never win one of those.

Congrats to the winners though.

Guest willie
Yeah my brother blew it :thumb He was in the 3rd round and had to strip film and glue off. Said he only had 1 deduction on his windows but the dumbass left like 7 tools in the front seat when they called time :thumb Les won it again this year, the judge said my brother would have been in the finals if it weren't for leaving his tools in the car. Oh well :thumb

Are either one of those guys members here :thumb

If so congrats :nope

Archived