No matter how hard you work you just can't prepare

Guest JUSTIN

Guest JUSTIN

So we had a big commercial job, this is the 2nd location we have tinted for this same commercial customer. First job went totally perfect. 2nd job (a different location), they asked for the same exact material as the first job and gave us dimensions over the phone so I emailed a bid. Justin and the crew showed up to location (3 hour drive from us) to discovered the person who measured couldn't read a tape measure. Just to cover ourselves, we did order an extra roll of film and we took our left over stock from previous jobs to this site (a total of 5 rolls of film). The dimensions were so wrong we used every piece of film we took with us. The job originally estimated should have taken 2 rolls, it used 5!

The project manager agreed the dimensions were wrong, told us to proceed and we would get an new bill out to them. I get a phone call today and the customer says...

"We have a problem.."

I said "Oh?"

customer..."The guys put the film on backwards..."

I said "No. It's physcially impossible to put the film on backwards."

customer said 'Well we can see in at night."

Every time I try to get info out of the customer to make sure this is what they want to do, they cut me off, tell me all they want is the cheapest film, they have had tinting done before, they know what they want and now I get this...

ARGH! :err

Guest tintgod
So we had a big commercial job, this is the 2nd location we have tinted for this same commercial customer. First job went totally perfect. 2nd job (a different location), they asked for the same exact material as the first job and gave us dimensions over the phone so I emailed a bid. Justin and the crew showed up to location (3 hour drive from us) to discovered the person who measured couldn't read a tape measure. Just to cover ourselves, we did order an extra roll of film and we took our left over stock from previous jobs to this site (a total of 5 rolls of film). The dimensions were so wrong we used every piece of film we took with us. The job originally estimated should have taken 2 rolls, it used 5!

The project manager agreed the dimensions were wrong, told us to proceed and we would get an new bill out to them. I get a phone call today and the customer says...

"We have a problem.."

I said "Oh?"

customer..."The guys put the film on backwards..."

I said "No. It's physcially impossible to put the film on backwards."

customer said 'Well we can see in at night."

Every time I try to get info out of the customer to make sure this is what they want to do, they cut me off, tell me all they want is the cheapest film, they have had tinting done before, they know what they want and now I get this...

ARGH! :err

sorry to hear that guys...dont you just love doing jobs like that...I never trust ppl that give me measurments over the phone :DD ..or them telling you what they want over the phone...but I do understand your guys situation with the job being that for away.

hopefully everything works out for you guys. :DD

Guest JUSTIN
Did you get paid yet? If so...ur good to go!

The job just got completed, so no we haven't be paid yet. We did get paid for the 1st job no problem, and you could tell he understood after I spoke with him on the phone. I'm not worried about them paying me (yet), they even had 1 pane of glass that broke the day before we got there, and he asked us to come back out and tint that, plus a few more windows. They even have a 3rd location they may have us tint if they don't change their minds.

I'm just so frustrated b/c I work overtime to make sure we are offering the right product AND to make sure that they WANT window films.

I suggested to them they add flood lights to the outside of the building and dim lights that are close to the windows, and the light balance did make sense to the person.

Guest vclimber

It was mis-measured by 3 rolls? :DD Good thing you had enough film. Another 6hr roundtrip would have been expensive.

Don't let that person measure the third location. :err If the privacy issue keeps getting brought up tell them to hook up a 500w lamp take it outside at night and shine it on the glass. They'll get it after that. :DD

with accounts that dont have any terms with us, (new customers) I specify in the invoice "balance due on day of completion" so when you are done the job. someone better pay up on the day I finish! :DD

if not you'll start hearing a bunch of film being ripped down :err:DD

with accounts that dont have any terms with us, (new customers) I specify in the invoice "balance due on day of completion" so when you are done the job. someone better pay up on the day I finish! :DD

Fo Snizzle my nizzle.....Hope it works out for you. If we all didnt have customers like these once in awhile, think how boring it would be...lol

with accounts that dont have any terms with us, (new customers) I specify in the invoice "balance due on day of completion" so when you are done the job. someone better pay up on the day I finish! :thumb

Fo Snizzle my nizzle.....Hope it works out for you. If we all didnt have customers like these once in awhile, think how boring it would be...lol

its never boring knowing your gonna get paid at the end of the job man :DD

Unfortunately, the responsibility falls on your shoulders. You let the customer give the measurements?? I have always found that if you quote a price by the customers dimensions, they will usually try to screw you out of a few square here and there. Rip ya a half square foot per window on 30 panes, they got ya for at least $100-200. Oh well, lesson learned I say.........

SUNSHINE ON MY SHOULDERS MAKES ME HAPPY..............John Denver................

Archived