Sold my first Vkool today.

Got a call at around 11:30 am from a lady who wanted an estimate on about 300 sf (8 glass doors, 8 large picture windows in great room and MBR). It was about an hour's drive in the country and even though I planned to relax today, I decided to make the trek to the country. Well due to a bridge being closed and a detour to BFE, I made it there in about 1 1/2 hrs. HUGE house (6,000 sf)...just beautiful. The house down the road was 3 times as big, she said a professional baseball player from the cleveland Indians lives there (forget his name). Anywho I measure the MBR windows and then proceed to measure the great room windows. She had cardboard covering 3 of the big windows to block the glare (they just moved in 3 weeks ago). climb the ladder to remove the cardboard to measure one of the windows...DAMN!!! a thermal fracture sure as %&$# caused by the cardboard. I proceed to walk out to the front porch to give her the bad news... Long story short I gave her a choice between LLumar DR-35 and and VKool-40(almost $3300 per roll) mainly because some of the windows were wider than 60" and had to use a 72" roll. She went with the Vkool because of the performance values and the nice clarity. I charged about 3 times the cost of the LLumar and I almost %&$# myself when she said she would go with the vKool. Grabbed the deposit and ran for z hills before she changed her mind.....lol

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JUSTIN
Its okay to doubt me, my wife does all the time...lol It was like 63" x 63"... and curved slightly at the top. Almost sounds like I am describing....never mind,,,lol

:DD:err

Guest darkdan

VK-40 you have to watch out on certain windows. Like odd shaped with funky shadows. But most of the time you should be alright. They'll warranty it.

Congrats on the sale man.

Guest RCOOTE

My favorite film on a house (of films I've worked with) is DR-35 gives the most for the cost... GR, a bit of privacy, TSER is pretty good and clarity is awesome, plus its super nice to work with..

Never had the chance to work with v-cool tho.. GOOD JOB!!!!!

Guest vclimber
VK-40 you have to watch out on certain windows. Like odd shaped with funky shadows. But most of the time you should be alright. They'll warranty it.

Congrats on the sale man.

Yes you sure do. I had that same type of window break on my last VK-40 job. We installed an entire home 30 + windows and the one that broke was a 68x84 rounded top clear IG and V-Kool took about 6 months to finally cover the warrranty. Then 4 more rectangular windows went and V-Kool never responded. I finally had to have the customer call them and chew on them to get them to cover the glass breakage. Here is the ironic part, V-Kool refered that customer to us and told us to put VK-40 on their glass. I objected, the custy got mad and complained to V-Kool then V-Kool chewed me out. :thumb So I finally said I would do it as long as VK backed the warranty.

The whole fiasco took a year to make right. It was bad enough having to bid against the distributor from time to time but this was the final deal-killer for me. No, in my experience V-Kool does not waranty glass breakage unless you spend the better part of a year trying to get them to do so. :dunno

Archived