Old QDP vs. new QDP

use Madico :lol2:lol2

The Canadian rep didnt even want to talk to me about setting me up as a dealer. :lol2

get 20 feet and see if you can shrink it first :dunno

I got the sample rolls last year. One car it shrank like butter...next one couldnt get it to shrink...but that was before I learned anything about shrinking it differently. So I am just going to buy a roll and giver a try again. :lol2

Snappy's post worries me a bit. How have the rest of you guys found this stuff with dot matrix and lines? Including cars like the 08 civic coupe.

Keep the input coming guys...anything you can give me would be appreciated. :lol2 :lol2 :lol2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan
glad I found this page....

I dont know whats goin on.... I dont know if I got the new stuff or what....but my snapping method is not workin on my latest batch of QDP. I been using QDP for a year now and loved every asspect of it. im hoping that I got a bad batch of the old stuff b/c if this is how the new stuff is goin to treat me...I will switch brands. now when I snap the doors, during install the bottom of the film flaps AWAY from the glass. this is making it get caught on the rubbers and I have been having some r/r's b/c of it. I like the snap method very much and REFUSE to go back to heating every door out on the car. it takes too long and has more of a chance to burn the tint....its just old school. im goin to give global one more chance. if this happends again with the next batch, I do believe I will be contacting OTI or the Carbon line. I liked global alot till this happened. its been about 2 weeks I have been having this problem and I cant work with something like this for too much longer...it is just ruining my days to where I hate what I am doing.. seriously...this %&$# has me all depressed b/c I know I have to work with this junk again and again.

oh yea....

and I had a few cases where I the film would just fall off the glass after tacking it....regular glass...no fog stuff....just a regular car/ truck. its not sticking to the lines at the top the glass as well, and it seems to never wanna stay in place no matter how little slip I use.

this is driving me to the point that I just want to get in the truck and leave work. it just sucks.

anyone eles having any other problems with QDP at all???

Instead of "snapping" use the "shrink down under" method. Where you blow heat under the film instead of the very edge.

Or maybe try flipping it over and doing it from the film side.

I dont know whats goin on.... I dont know if I got the new stuff or what....but my snapping method is not workin on my latest batch of QDP. I been using QDP for a year now and loved every asspect of it. im hoping that I got a bad batch of the old stuff b/c if this is how the new stuff is goin to treat me...I will switch brands. now when I snap the doors, during install the bottom of the film flaps AWAY from the glass. this is making it get caught on the rubbers and I have been having some r/r's b/c of it. I like the snap method very much and REFUSE to go back to heating every door out on the car. it takes too long and has more of a chance to burn the tint....its just old school. im goin to give global one more chance. if this happends again with the next batch, I do believe I will be contacting OTI or the Carbon line. I liked global alot till this happened. its been about 2 weeks I have been having this problem and I cant work with something like this for too much longer...it is just ruining my days to where I hate what I am doing.. seriously...this %&$# has me all depressed b/c I know I have to work with this junk again and again.

oh yea....

and I had a few cases where I the film would just fall off the glass after tacking it....regular glass...no fog stuff....just a regular car/ truck. its not sticking to the lines at the top the glass as well, and it seems to never wanna stay in place no matter how little slip I use.

this is driving me to the point that I just want to get in the truck and leave work. it just sucks.

I've had that very same problem several times with the one roll of qdp I ever bought which is the old kind. I actually can shrink their HP better since I used what I have of it a little more but im sticking with carbon, global seems to take me 30-45 minutes longer on a car dealing with things that I don't have issues with with any other film.

Guest thatsnappyguy

oh yea....

Instead of "snapping" use the "shrink down under" method. Where you blow heat under the film instead of the very edge.

Or maybe try flipping it over and doing it from the film side.

I have tried this and its no different. I just got off the phone with OTI and im gettin some samples over here.

I don't know about the new QDP but I have a hard time shrinking the old QDP. The global HP is easier for me.

You seem to be in the minority on that one.

Yeah I definitely am in the minority on that and I wish I weren't because it is just another verification that I am not normal.

Archived