Old QDP vs. new QDP

Guest willie
How have the rest of you guys found this stuff with dot matrix and lines? Including cars like the 08 civic coupe.

:thumb

Catdaddy I do all my dot matrix the same so I cant answer that. Ive never tryed aticking it without sanding and gluing. Sorry

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

The old QDP does a great job on dots because it's thin and slightly "rubbery". It's not Soltek rubbery, but I'll admit it, it does feel a bit like rubber. So it does an okay job conforming.

But over the big matrix I always use vinyl anyways.

So hopefully the new stuff hasn't lost that ability.

Guest Fly Paper
I am looking for as much input as possible on this one. Positives/negatives....anything you can give me. What do you like about the change...what do you dislike about the change. I AM switching films....after 10 years (because of a blatant bold faced lie told to me by my Llullu distributor) and because of the way I have been treated by Global am leaning toward them. I want your honest opinions. what can ya give me without Ric gettin any :thumb

thanks much :thumb

A Llullu distributor LIED to you? I'm shocked I tell you SHOCKED.... What took so long for you to figure out that all Llullu distributors are LIARS? AND THEIR SNEEKY LITTLE REPS TOO....I bought their films off and on for 20+ years and got sick of the bullchit. OH, nobody is having a HAZE problem but you! WE fixed our spectra-select and it's fine now but we won't warranty it because we forgot to tell you to seal it....so your F...ed

WE won't open another dealer close to you! WE'RE YOUR BUDDY...... Try MADCOW.... they lie too but they're film is nicer. OH, and just don't let any distributor get wind of ANYTHING you're doing cause they'll steal your ideas and your customers.

Signed.

BURNED TOO MANY TIMES!

Guest willie
I am looking for as much input as possible on this one. Positives/negatives....anything you can give me. What do you like about the change...what do you dislike about the change. I AM switching films....after 10 years (because of a blatant bold faced lie told to me by my Llullu distributor) and because of the way I have been treated by Global am leaning toward them. I want your honest opinions. what can ya give me without Ric gettin any :thumb

A Llullu distributor LIED to you? I'm shocked I tell you SHOCKED.... What took so long for you to figure out that all Llullu distributors are LIARS? AND THEIR SNEEKY LITTLE REPS TOO....I bought their films off and on for 20+ years and got sick of the bullchit. OH, nobody is having a HAZE problem but you! WE fixed our spectra-select and it's fine now but we won't warranty it because we forgot to tell you to seal it....so your F...ed

WE won't open another dealer close to you! WE'RE YOUR BUDDY...... Try MADCOW.... they lie too but they're film is nicer. OH, and just don't let any distributor get wind of ANYTHING you're doing cause they'll steal your ideas and your customers.

Signed.

BURNED TOO MANY TIMES!

Looks like the topic of the day :lol2

I am looking for as much input as possible on this one. Positives/negatives....anything you can give me. What do you like about the change...what do you dislike about the change. I AM switching films....after 10 years (because of a blatant bold faced lie told to me by my Llullu distributor) and because of the way I have been treated by Global am leaning toward them. I want your honest opinions. what can ya give me without Ric gettin any :lol2

Signed.

BURNED TOO MANY TIMES!

He sounds happy :thumb

The old QDP does a great job on dots because it's thin and slightly "rubbery". It's not Soltek rubbery, but I'll admit it, it does feel a bit like rubber. So it does an okay job conforming.

I just got in 4 more rolls of qdp 5/20/30/40 all looks & feels same as always whats the "new stuff" I been reading about :thumb did they try tweaking the film ? I certainly hope its still 1.2 mil no thicker. Also I've been snappin & shrinking qdp no problem. Can we identify the "new stuff" by roll numbers ? I hope no problems arise :thumb

glad I found this page....

I dont know whats goin on.... I dont know if I got the new stuff or what....but my snapping method is not workin on my latest batch of QDP. I been using QDP for a year now and loved every asspect of it. im hoping that I got a bad batch of the old stuff b/c if this is how the new stuff is goin to treat me...I will switch brands. now when I snap the doors, during install the bottom of the film flaps AWAY from the glass. this is making it get caught on the rubbers and I have been having some r/r's b/c of it. I like the snap method very much and REFUSE to go back to heating every door out on the car. it takes too long and has more of a chance to burn the tint....its just old school. im goin to give global one more chance. if this happends again with the next batch, I do believe I will be contacting OTI or the Carbon line. I liked global alot till this happened. its been about 2 weeks I have been having this problem and I cant work with something like this for too much longer...it is just ruining my days to where I hate what I am doing.. seriously...this %&$# has me all depressed b/c I know I have to work with this junk again and again.

oh yea....

and I had a few cases where I the film would just fall off the glass after tacking it....regular glass...no fog stuff....just a regular car/ truck. its not sticking to the lines at the top the glass as well, and it seems to never wanna stay in place no matter how little slip I use.

this is driving me to the point that I just want to get in the truck and leave work. it just sucks.

anyone eles having any other problems with QDP at all???

why not contact your distributor bring the problem to their attention, have them issue a call tag to pick up old & deliver new rolls :thumb, keep me posted

Guest willie

I just got in 4 more rolls of qdp 5/20/30/40 all looks & feels same as always whats the "new stuff" I been reading about :thumb did they try tweaking the film ? I certainly hope its still 1.2 mil no thicker. Also I've been snappin & shrinking qdp no problem. Can we identify the "new stuff" by roll numbers ? I hope no problems arise :thumb

You answered you question in your next post. Good questions for your distributor. :thumb

Guest Da Beach

Everyone must remember that the dot matrix problem existing long before qdp was ever introduced. :lol

And as for the qdp being improved, I hope the makers don't forget that saying, "don't fix something that ain't broken". :thumb

If they did, oh well...sounds to me like the beginning of the end. :thumb You know like FTI. :thumb:lol:thumb

How have the rest of you guys found this stuff with dot matrix and lines? Including cars like the 08 civic coupe.

:evilgrin

Catdaddy I do all my dot matrix the same so I cant answer that. Ive never tryed aticking it without sanding and gluing. Sorry

Yeah....thats how I do my matrix too....so how does the global act on matrix?

Archived