Old QDP vs. new QDP

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had to redo a side window today with some recently installed qdp 20% (installer error). Well, the adhesive turned purple when we scraped it off :hmmm I've never seen anything like it with this film usually the adhesive is a really nice yellow :thumb. Is it possible the dye could have come off the poly onto the adhesive when the film was pulled off? Well needless to say this is the so called "new qdp". Any comments ?

I just checked my 20% qdp(the new stuff) and the glue comes off clear/white with alcohol :lol2

I called global and asked how to tell if I had the old or new version of film, they said the roll # has an x in it.

sometimes I get both in one order. :lol2

Yeah thats what I meant by nice yellow (very clear) thanks for your input :lol2 . Hopefully its just this one roll, I tested another piece off the roll after seeing it come off the car window I put it on a piece of clear glass at the shop & let it set a couple hours, pulled film, scraped adhesive & came of with dye I'm confused !

Guest willie
I had to redo a side window today with some recently installed qdp 20% (installer error). Well, the adhesive turned purple when we scraped it off :thumb I've never seen anything like it with this film usually the adhesive is a really nice yellow :lol2. Is it possible the dye could have come off the poly onto the adhesive when the film was pulled off? Well needless to say this is the so called "new qdp". Any comments ?

I just checked my 20% qdp(the new stuff) and the glue comes off clear/white with alcohol :lol2

I called global and asked how to tell if I had the old or new version of film, they said the roll # has an x in it.

sometimes I get both in one order. :lol2

Yeah thats what I meant by nice yellow (very clear) thanks for your input :lol2 . Hopefully its just this one roll, I tested another piece off the roll after seeing it come off the car window I put it on a piece of clear glass at the shop & let it set a couple hours, pulled film, scraped adhesive & came of with dye I'm confused !

Don't forget your bait on this fishing expedition :hmmm

I had to redo a side window today with some recently installed qdp 20% (installer error). Well, the adhesive turned purple when we scraped it off :nono I've never seen anything like it with this film usually the adhesive is a really nice yellow :jerkit. Is it possible the dye could have come off the poly onto the adhesive when the film was pulled off? Well needless to say this is the so called "new qdp". Any comments ?

I just checked my 20% qdp(the new stuff) and the glue comes off clear/white with alcohol :thumbdown

sometimes I get both in one order. :jerkit

Yeah thats what I meant by nice yellow (very clear) thanks for your input :spit . Hopefully its just this one roll, I tested another piece off the roll after seeing it come off the car window I put it on a piece of clear glass at the shop & let it set a couple hours, pulled film, scraped adhesive & came of with dye I'm confused !

Don't forget your bait on this fishing expedition :thumb

yea im not catching much

:thumb

etided fo spealling

The new QDP has a gold sticker on the boxes and it still shrinks very easily...I'm back to SolarGard Supreme HP now because I only use QDP when its very cold but I tend to keep a roll of 10% on the revolver just cause looking out it seems lighter than 20% Global HP and it is so in Demand here!!!Just curious though...what are you guys paying for 40" 110 ' rolls from your distributor? I'm paying $$$$$ and I feel it's too much especially since I spend about $5k a month in Window Tint...Autos only!!!

Thank You

Team Hallstar!!!

Please refrain from postign tint prices in public. thank you.

Guest willie
The new QDP has a gold sticker on the boxes and it still shrinks very easily...I'm back to SolarGard Supreme HP now because I only use QDP when its very cold but I tend to keep a roll of 10% on the revolver just cause looking out it seems lighter than 20% Global HP and it is so in Demand here!!!Just curious though...what are you guys paying for 40" 110 ' rolls from your distributor? I'm paying $$$$$ and I feel it's too much especially since I spend about $5k a month in Window Tint...Autos only!!!

Thank You

Team Hallstar!!!

Sorry bud, we dont post or talk prices out here in public :thumbdown

Guest willie
so what did you use on your eclipe willie? qdp? :thumbdown

Qdp 5 on the back and little quarters. Qdp 30 on the fronts

just glued the dots, couldnt find my sanding block :jerkit

Guest willie
the qdp seems to work well with the dots :jerkit

:jerkit

And before you ask I used the old hippie method to shrink it. I yelled, cursed, threatened the window with a brick so it finally gave in :thumb

In all reality I shrunk as normal and used darkdans method the last 5-6 inches. It is shrinking better but Ive still seen much easier shrinking film :thumbdown

Archived