amp instal.

Guest mrpain

Guest mrpain

sup people,

looking to have an amp installed, but dont want to buy a whole new radio system. is it pos. to add an amp to a stock stereo?( it is going into stock silverado,w/ the bose speakers and stock 6 disc radio)

and yes it has the satelite radio for the peps in the back. I want to have an amp installed with some 10" woffers ..

can it be done ??????? any and all input ( good and bad) will be apreciated.

thanks to all in advance

oppssss..............T.D. you can move it if you like ..........

posted in wrong subject.my bad

Guest hometheaterman

Yup you need a line level converter. Some amps have this built in some don't and you will need the converter. For the remote turn on lead you need something that preferably gets power when the radio is on however I have wired them up to the radio fuse or you could use any fuse that has power when you turn the vehicle on. I've wired it up so that they are own when the vehicle is on doesn't matter if the radio is on or not. However if you can find a switched power from when the radio is on that will work too.

positive to positive , negative to ground, line out for audio, remote to radio fuse for acc power. line converter needs power as well, I used to put them behind the radio or under the dash after powered & adjusted. Oh & run the rca's separate from the power wire to avoid feedback. :rollin

Guest kflemin9

good luck with the bose.. had it in my truck and decided to upgrade.. the kit to install a h/u was almost 200.. so I said f it and found it much easier to just run new wires.. if you want to keep the factory radio and have bose speakers I would suggest runnin new wires and replacin speakers bc the bose speakers in my truck were like 1.3 ohms .. if you have the know how get the standard harness and just tap constant acc and ground from it get a new h/u and run rca's to the amp then from the amp run new wires all the way to the doors and replace the speakers. if you try and tie in from the amp to the speakes through the harness its gonna go through the fatory amp and probaly mess sh!t up..

Guest fredstinting
sup people,

looking to have an amp installed, but dont want to buy a whole new radio system. is it pos. to add an amp to a stock stereo?( it is going into stock silverado,w/ the bose speakers and stock 6 disc radio)

and yes it has the satelite radio for the peps in the back. I want to have an amp installed with some 10" woffers ..

can it be done ??????? any and all input ( good and bad) will be apreciated.

thanks to all in advance

just buy after market radio jvc dual electronics pioneer what ever save money on install and better control of you sound spend then money and get a good radio with the right features for yourself dont just buy a radio cause cheap price you get watt you pay for in electronics

oppssss..............T.D. you can move it if you like ..........

posted in wrong subject.my bad

Guest Drummmer69

Take your line outputs from headunit (speaker outs) tie into line level converter (down line converter) Run those rcas to amp. As far as turn-on wire, If you shut off your truck and radio keeps working untill opening the door, then tapping into fuse box for any accessory wire will also shut off amp with radio still on. Your better going to the back of the h/u to find this turnon lead.

Archived