removing 2007 Lexus Is250 quarter windows

Guest Peja43916

Guest Peja43916

I keep getting too much contanimation or light gaps so I want to remove the window to get it cleaner. Is it worth the time or should I just try and cut better?Thanks in advance for any help or info.

I keep getting too much contanimation or light gaps so I want to remove the window to get it cleaner. Is it worth the time or should I just try and cut better?Thanks in advance for any help or info.

Dont remove the window its a waste of time...use scrub pad to clean window,spray water then scrape and clean with blade, spray water gaskets to let dirt drop down and Squeege( wipe squeege after every stroke to prevent dust to get back on window and wipe gaskets with paper towel to get the little dirt hidden in their, after cutting film just spray the film and apply( no need to spray water on the window( spraying window may drop more dirt on the film, its only a small window just spray the film then apply.

Guest Peja43916

Dont remove the window its a waste of time...use scrub pad to clean window,spray water then scrape and clean with blade, spray water gaskets to let dirt drop down and Squeege( wipe squeege after every stroke to prevent dust to get back on window and wipe gaskets with paper towel to get the little dirt hidden in their, after cutting film just spray the film and apply( no need to spray water on the window( spraying window may drop more dirt on the film, its only a small window just spray the film then apply.

I will have to try that . Thanks!!!

Guest thatsnappyguy

get ur hands on a gray e-z reach. use that to clean the top egde and for install. makes everything ok. we do alot of IS's. perfect 1/4's everytime, never removed.

get ur hands on a gray e-z reach. use that to clean the top egde and for install. makes everything ok. we do alot of IS's. perfect 1/4's everytime, never removed.
yes, the EZ Reach is great, I forgot to mention that

if your having problems with the quarters then try cutting you patterns with a clear release liner then tracing it onto your film. As for contam try my other tip I posted in your other lexus thread of stuffing a remote wire into the seal. BTW where are you exactly in Cali if your near by I can maybe swing by and show you how. :klingon

Guest thatsnappyguy

wrong room to ask such a thing, but usually a remote wire is the blue/white wire off the back of the wire harness that sends 12volts to the amp to turn it on.

Archived