MN is trying to change their law!

Guest darkdan

Guest darkdan
So, that means 50% +- 3%??? That basically means ya can't use 50 % ince most vehicle glass is 5+%. Damn!!

That was always the VLT law. The part changing about how dealers can't sell cars with !llegal tint (which granted doesn't effect me too much), but now the dealer will have to strip all cars and most likely will not retint cars during the sale because of the "first stage manufacturer" part.

I'll have to look up exactly what changed though. Since there were several versions of this.

Guest tint phantom
Actually, the law is changed. The governor signed it April 28th, 2008.

Looks like very limited dealer work from now on.

I just e-mailed a letter to Govenor Pawlenty, hope it helps but looks like its to late. I wish you all the best up there in cabin feaver country. :thumb

Guest sajee

I completely agree with darkdan has posted.(MN Tinter's word)

I moved to MN from Cali and I have dark tint on my civic back windows. I got pulled over and was ticketed for it. I search about the MN tint laws and found out that if you own a car, you basically cannot have dark tint at the back windows. But the rule does not apply to SUV, Minivans and pickup trucks that are much darker than what I have in my car. It doesn't matter if they are factory tint. The rule says that all passenger vehicles are only allowed 50%. So if you drive a car, you will be exposed to UV rays and get skin cancer, but if you drive a SUV or MINI van or pickup, you are saved. The Law sucks. How can MN Law protect their officers' when SUV and Mini vans have very dark windows at the back that you can not see s**t inside? It does not make any sense.

I think the government and state laws wants to make these stupids, meaningless laws so that they can make the public buy things their way. These laws are there so public will buy gas guzzling SUVs and heavy pickup trucks so the public can spend more money at the pump filling the tanks and causing more damge to the environment and making the auto industry nice and rich. Whereas if everyone drive Hybrids or electric cars, gas stations will go out of business and auto companies will strugle to sell there heavy vehicles. EVERYTHING IS CONTROLLED NICELY BY THE GOVERNMENT AND THE STATE. WE ARE JUST GINEPIGS AND DO WHATEVER THE LAW SAYS. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT HUMANS...

Guest darkdan

Well, 50% does block 99% of UV light.

Changes to the law:

Prescriptions have to be detailed

Prescriptions expire every 2 years

Cops cars "side and rear window" now exempt.

!llegal for dealers to sell/lease a car with !llegal tint

However, dealers having to return a car to "first stage of manufacture" didn't make it into the final law. So dealers can still sell a car with tint, but it better meter 47% VLT or higher.

Archived