Skoda Octavia

obi wan folie

Hi!

I have too Skoda Octavia Combi 2001. model and I have problem with shrinking film on my back window probably because it's curved on vertical and horizontal axis. So I'd like ask you for your guidance and advices about shrinking foil-film on backpack window.

I was saw all youtube movies about tinting and shrinking foil but they are about windows which are curved only by one axis. Yesterday I found this site and forum - finally.

I tried 2 methods:

1. spray outer side of back window with soap and destilated water, cut film to fit size of window and than shrink it with heat gun and squedge tool - without success.

2. better method with powder on window and making H shape with soapy water and putting film on window but when I heat excess film (as short as needed) and smooth it with squedgee tool or gloves. The powder is better than soapy water but my problem is when I heat one excess piece of film and smooth it, than I got more of excess parts of film. I used this shema shema for shrinking

I hope you'll give me some advices how you get your film fit perfect on window.

Hi!

I have too Skoda Octavia Combi 2001. model and I have problem with shrinking film on my back window probably because it's curved on vertical and horizontal axis. So I'd like ask you for your guidance and advices about shrinking foil-film on backpack window.

I was saw all youtube movies about tinting and shrinking foil but they are about windows which are curved only by one axis. Yesterday I found this site and forum - finally.

I tried 2 methods:

1. spray outer side of back window with soap and destilated water, cut film to fit size of window and than shrink it with heat gun and squedge tool - without success.

2. better method with powder on window and making H shape with soapy water and putting film on window but when I heat excess film (as short as needed) and smooth it with squedgee tool or gloves. The powder is better than soapy water but my problem is when I heat one excess piece of film and smooth it, than I got more of excess parts of film. I used this shema shema for shrinking

Most windows are curved on both axis to a degree. Proper dry shrinking technique will cope easily with this. Yes the excess will move and pop up somewhere else, so just shrink that as well. Keep going, keep shrinking, split the fingers, you'll get there or take it to a pro.

Skoda is one of the oldest brands in the World.....

Maybe, but now owned by VW

Guest CZtint
Hi!

I tried 2 methods:

2. better method with powder on window and making H shape with soapy water and putting film on window but when i heat excess film (as short as needed) and smooth it with squedgee tool or gloves. The powder is better than soapy water but my problem is when I heat one excess piece of film and smooth it, than I got more of excess parts of film. I used this shema shema for shrinking

Yes, skoda Czech car , me Czech tinter, I am nervous if I dont have at least one skoda per week:) Nevermind tho, for Octiavia I which is model till 2004 i think (not like it matters) while shrinking back window, just dont do middle line in middle, but do it closer to bottom, glass looks ok, but is little bit tricky, just do middle line closer to bottom, top of glass is cake, and if you do it like this, bottom will be too. I use wetshrink for it, but its personal preference, I just hate cleaning powder or so, dry shrink = 100% succes. just give it time, use lower temperature on heat gun and take it slowly if youre unsure. patience = win

happy tinting

Archived