New Rolls Royce

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Litespeeds
Never seen that car before and I have done quite a few for British Motor Cars in San Francisco. Was the job easy? Only asking because I might have to do one in the future.

I didn't know Huper Optik made a 35%. I guess you are not using their ceramic films as those come in 60%, 50%, 40% and 30%. Did you use their cheaper Aesthetic film?

Good job! :dunno

The car was actually not that bad to tint, I tinted the rear window first, then put the top down. Then I tricked the doors so the windows were in the upright position, and tinted like normal. The front quarters had a slight curve to them.

Yes, Huper has a ESC line which comes in 45% and 35% ceramic, which is thinner and slightly more refelective. IMO, the ease of shrinking the ESC makes up for the slight refelctiveness.

The reason why the Ceramic line is so hard to shrink is because the liner is not made to shrink like automotive films. Huper figured that the liner is a throw away piece so why invest in something that can actually shrink. Now that I have brought this to my distributors attention, they might look into a new liner so us auto tinters will be able to shrink their ceramic films better. Probably won't get any props for letting them know about this technological breakthrough. :twocents

Guest vclimber
Never seen that car before and I have done quite a few for British Motor Cars in San Francisco. Was the job easy? Only asking because I might have to do one in the future.

I didn't know Huper Optik made a 35%. I guess you are not using their ceramic films as those come in 60%, 50%, 40% and 30%. Did you use their cheaper Aesthetic film?

Good job! :dunno

The car was actually not that bad to tint, I tinted the rear window first, then put the top down. Then I tricked the doors so the windows were in the upright position, and tinted like normal. The front quarters had a slight curve to them.

Yes, Huper has a ESC line which comes in 45% and 35% ceramic, which is thinner and slightly more refelective. IMO, the ease of shrinking the ESC makes up for the slight refelctiveness.

The reason why the Ceramic line is so hard to shrink is because the liner is not made to shrink like automotive films. Huper figured that the liner is a throw away piece so why invest in something that can actually shrink. Now that I have brought this to my distributors attention, they might look into a new liner so us auto tinters will be able to shrink their ceramic films better. Probably won't get any props for letting them know about this technological breakthrough. :tantrum

Actually... I was talking to my rep the other day and he mentioned it to me and said that you brought it to his attention. Makes sense to me... Huper started as a flat glass film so why drop money into a liner that can shrink. They probably never thought about it. Good discovery litespeeds. :twocents

Archived