Wholesalers at war

Man there is one hell of a bun fight going on downunder with new film importers/distributors serving it up to existing long term established distribs for market share.

Who cares as long as the tinter wins but this is getting nasty and nothing like a cat fight at last between those who have had it so good for so long.

Lovely to see the shoe is on the other foot for once and not tinter against tinter.

Is this happening in the USA as well?

Devil

Be careful what you wish for, Devil. When their profits start to diminish, they will look to alternative means of revenue. You may well find some new "installer" companies popping up in the near future. :evilgrin

Man there is one hell of a bun fight going on downunder with new film importers/distributors serving it up to existing long term established distribs for market share.

Who cares as long as the tinter wins but this is getting nasty and nothing like a cat fight at last between those who have had it so good for so long.

Lovely to see the shoe is on the other foot for once and not tinter against tinter.

Is this happening in the USA as well?

Devil

That happen worldwide...... I can't explain :) which happen now in Russia :rollin

hey devil, give example of what is happening down under. :twocents

Well the new kid on the block is Suntek and they are out to buy the big volume users and those that are not.....their words.

Dramatic offers on metalised and carbon films that have rocked the once stable market of the big guys.

When many of these distribs just wholesale, it means they either have to crunch their once lofty margins or starve and watch newcomers take away their customer base.

Same thing with distribs who wholesale and retail on the same level.

Who is going to continue to pay for one 60" roll when for the same cost you can buy 3 of an exact equivalent from another new brand?

Reduce list prices or lose customer base which can often be permanent.

Devil

hey devil, give example of what is happening down under. :dunno

Well the new kid on the block is Suntek and they are out to buy the big volume users and those that are not.....their words.

Dramatic offers on metalised and carbon films that have rocked the once stable market of the big guys.

When many of these distribs just wholesale, it means they either have to crunch their once lofty margins or starve and watch newcomers take away their customer base.

Same thing with distribs who wholesale and retail on the same level.

Who is going to continue to pay for one 60" roll when for the same cost you can buy 3 of an exact equivalent from another new brand?

Reduce list prices or lose customer base which can often be permanent.

Devil

Devil!

That happen when "teens" start play BIG BIZ GAMES. They think I will make low price, sell a lot, make huge turnover, make money fast, became billionaire. They read books "HOW TO BECAME MILLIONAIRE IN ONE WEEK" and imagine they all are Rockfellers.

They don't think - low margin - low profit - now cash for turnover - empty stock - suck to make money.

Everybdoy want to became big fish fast and easy.

And that not only in Your area - in russia people sell films with minus margin, may be they are so rich thsat can allow themselves to play such games? :tantrum

I remember one assclown when starting sell shampoo films in Latvia told me: "Leo, 10% margin is OK for me. I will sell a lot, and You all will die"

10% margin is nice when You have oil streams, which make You money every second. But not when You selling window films.

But....But not my business to learn people to do business :twocents

I am "Red" :tantrum

P.S. And "brand" You mentioned - lower as .... - their lifestyle....

Guest D'Arts

Hi to all. Just a week ago was told that Solar Guard had reduced their price list significantly. :twocents Frankly have no idea how to compare apples with apples :dunno but price reduce always scares me off. How could I reduce price if everything else go up? No way at least for me in fact - I think about to increase my prices. Plus usually higher price means better quality ha ha.

When a company lowers their price, it because of two reasons. They are having financial difficulties which is the worst thing to do by lowering prices. Or they have removed a component to lower product cost.

When a company lowers their price, it because of two reasons. They are having financial difficulties which is the worst thing to do by lowering prices. Or they have removed a component to lower product cost.

Bekaert have significantly dropped their prices in retalliation which must affect MEP and Madico here.

Devil

Archived