Furniture movers

I can understand moving a couple of things here and there out of the way for residential jobs, but what about when there is heavy furniture in the way?

Do you move the furniture, or do you have the customer do it?

Do you take the risk and responsibility for any damage that may happen while moving said furniture? Never mind the chance of throwing your back out moving a couch or bookcase or heavy desk before you even begin tinting.

This has always been a pet peave for me. None of my employers has ever been one to ask the customer to move furniture, seems like it's always assumed that the installer would move and replace it.

Any thoughts?

Guest General Sun Shield
if I have to move anything..I get paid for it..plain and simple...im a window tinter...not a mover.

Same here, but there are some things I wont touch.

If its minor like a couch or chiar just note it on your estimate that you will charge a fee to move furniture,if you run into a large or exspensive piece note that they have to have it moved.

We do this for larger commercial jobs also that have a ton of verticle blinds , charge em or they remove. Thier option. :beer

if I have to move anything..I get paid for it..plain and simple...im a window tinter...not a mover.

:beer but I try to be real nice about it. I dont even want to remove curtains and or blinds, I had some old cheap azz plastic mini blinds that wanted to break, and the customer wanted them replaced, I dont think so, and you can remove the rest of them now.

We make a habit of being polite to the customer and having them move it. We use the same insurance excuse or that it was not in the bid. We state very clearly what needs to be moved when we bid the job. Even have a provision that if we have to wait or come back that is an additional charge.

Maybe I'm a dick. :P

Archived