2007 Lexus IS250

Guest Peja43916

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest naughtydog

easy car, panels pull easily, quarter windows pop out with 2 screws, seperate the rub rail from the door panel, refit the rub rail, then panel.

easy car, panels pull easily, quarter windows pop out with 2 screws, seperate the rub rail from the door panel, refit the rub rail, then panel.

rub rail is the same as a weather strip? or you speaking of the rail/channel the glass slides in?

Guest naughtydog

rub rail is the same as a weather strip? or you speaking of the rail/channel the glass slides in?

From memory, you split the rub rail from the door panel, fit the rub rail to the top of the door and then the panel clips back into the rub rail.

It makes it a lot easier when refitting the panels.

Guest shades of darkness

I also struggled with this car the 2 front door .after I shrunk the film on the outside I had huge fingers on the inside that keep causing problems maybe I should snapp the film after the frist shrinking

I hate to remove door pads Any tips!

I agree that I dis like that car as wel...............

Seems like some say this car is easy some say it is a bitch... I'm in the later of the two groups.

I too struggled with this car on Friday.. It seem like the others said shrinking them and still have to fight the finger once installed.. I tried it and still fought with the door panels off.. only did the rear roll ups..

Car sucks to tint..

I did this car again.. IS 250 still sucks to tint even after shrinking on the outside. still has fingers.. shrunk those and then it works.. I just wish it would be less of a process...Only have the problem with roll ups....

Guest Drummmer69

hate to blow my own.......horn here. did one a month or so ago, nice ride, easy enough, didnt pull panels. All doors needed some shrinkin, fronts were a little tricky. Speaker pod just got in the way....The trick with the wire, awesome tip. Probably could use this trick on a few cars.

Guest blackout1
I think its easy as long as the panels are dropped, its cake....to me at least

y remove the door panels? u can tint the front doors by useing the 1 step method.. or have u guys herd of that?

the car itself is easy.

Guest naughtydog
I think its easy as long as the panels are dropped, its cake....to me at least

y remove the door panels? u can tint the front doors by useing the 1 step method.. or have u guys herd of that?

the car itself is easy.

whats the one step method then?

Archived