Warranty Work Cry baby

Guest BJDcar

As usual, looking at it like someone is attacking you. Stop with the paranoia. Keys statement voiced exactly what most of you were and I used it. If you are gonna cry everytime I wish to respond with my view, you are going to cry alot. I don't scare easy and really do not care what you think. But it seems that the same few don't care to allow other opinions, even though they cry to have theirs heard. This area will remain hostile until you realize that others have a view also, and my wish to respond to your direct post. I do work in the real world and this IS a customer driven industry. I treat every customer with the proper respect, since THEY pay my bills. How you choose to treat yours is your choice, but when you post it here, you invite criticism. To say that I would'nt know if a customer was pizzed, I would know. In the flat glass game, every customer that has a problem will call you, and when they do, I take care of it, I don't tell them to F@ck off.

But, sorry guys, I still have to disagree with you. I honestly believe that $10 worth of film and 20 mins time is more than worth it to create good will. In a study that Madico put out a few years back, it said that make a customer happy, they tell 2 - 3 people, but on average, pizz off a custome and they will tell 18 - 20 people. I hold this to be true.

Key, you may hold whatever fantasy you have, but you will only find out that I am still just a tinter from the northeast with no agenda. But, as usual, you post words that hold a hidden agenda as if you have some secret knowledge. AS you posted "Things have a way of revealing themselves, and if dude stays here long enough, things will become clear." This one sentence is loaded with inuendo, and feeds the fire for gossip and rumor. If you continue, I only feel taht you will look the fool, since there is nothing to become clear other than the issue that you have some agenda against me, since you have posted this same statement more than once. I was letting the whole issue drop, but you ans Willie arecarrying it forward. If you two wish for me to not respond to anything you say here for fear that I might have a view other than yours that makes sense, then have the guts to say so and I won't respond to any of your posts. That is the feeling I get, since I get personally attacked by your 'buddys' whenever I post now.

TD, sorry to vent it here, but I am tired of the whole banter. It's funny, but if they post and get called on it, the are the martyr, if I post, I am the bad guy.

I can't get no satisfaction..................Devo (the tempo fits this foolishness.) :twocents

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To warranty that truck it would cost me a lot more than $20 in time and materials, not to mention lost business from pushing away good paying customers.

:rollin

With three years experience, you have learned well grasshopper

As usual, looking at it like someone is attacking you. Stop with the paranoia. Keys statement voiced exactly what most of you were and I used it. If you are gonna cry everytime I wish to respond with my view, you are going to cry alot. I don't scare easy and really do not care what you think. But it seems that the same few don't care to allow other opinions, even though they cry to have theirs heard. This area will remain hostile until you realize that others have a view also, and my wish to respond to your direct post. I do work in the real world and this IS a customer driven industry. I treat every customer with the proper respect, since THEY pay my bills. How you choose to treat yours is your choice, but when you post it here, you invite criticism. To say that I would'nt know if a customer was pizzed, I would know. In the flat glass game, every customer that has a problem will call you, and when they do, I take care of it, I don't tell them to F@ck off.

But, sorry guys, I still have to disagree with you. I honestly believe that $10 worth of film and 20 mins time is more than worth it to create good will. In a study that Madico put out a few years back, it said that make a customer happy, they tell 2 - 3 people, but on average, pizz off a custome and they will tell 18 - 20 people. I hold this to be true.

Key, you may hold whatever fantasy you have, but you will only find out that I am still just a tinter from the northeast with no agenda. But, as usual, you post words that hold a hidden agenda as if you have some secret knowledge. AS you posted "Things have a way of revealing themselves, and if dude stays here long enough, things will become clear." This one sentence is loaded with inuendo, and feeds the fire for gossip and rumor. If you continue, I only feel taht you will look the fool, since there is nothing to become clear other than the issue that you have some agenda against me, since you have posted this same statement more than once. I was letting the whole issue drop, but you ans Willie arecarrying it forward. If you two wish for me to not respond to anything you say here for fear that I might have a view other than yours that makes sense, then have the guts to say so and I won't respond to any of your posts. That is the feeling I get, since I get personally attacked by your 'buddys' whenever I post now.

TD, sorry to vent it here, but I am tired of the whole banter. It's funny, but if they post and get called on it, the are the martyr, if I post, I am the bad guy.

I can't get no satisfaction..................Devo (the tempo fits this foolishness.) :rollin

I dont care what your opinion is, and try not to get your p@nties in a wad. I only responded to you directly, because you responded to my post directly. I also dont know what is going on with Key, you will have to take it up with him.

Also, where did you get this $20 worth? The original post did not indicate the customer only wanted one window tinted, I took it as he wanted the whole vehicle r&r. :rollin

Guest Texstar

I can't get no satisfaction..................Devo (the tempo fits this foolishness.) :bingo

I dont care what your opinion is, and try not to get your p@nties in a wad. I only responded to you directly, because you responded to my post directly. I also dont know what is going on with Key, you will have to take it up with him.

Also, where did you get this $20 worth? The original post did not indicate the customer only wanted one window tinted, I took it as he wanted the whole vehicle r&r. :rollin

:rollin

I love all you guys trying to give away all this free tint to please and azzhat for the sake of trying to keep him from badmouthing you, whats to stop him anyway, or tell all of his 37 people he knows that they can now take their 10+ year old pieces of crap to you and have it r&r for free, because you are a push over.

As far as the liability, this business has changed hands three times. If the original owner cut his door panel or scratched the paint 12 years ago, are you now gonna pay up? Why not, he could bad mouth you, and you could lose this questional future business. Thats crap. Who's to say the current owner even uses the same film that was used 12 years ago. If you dont have the required paperwork with all of the information filled out, suck it. If your shop sell's more then one line of film, which man. do you hit up to try and get them to pay the warranty, after all, there is nothing on the receipt :rollin

How do you even know that after 12 years, this job wasn't retinted, and he luckly found a receipt in the glove box and figures that he can bully you for a free tint job :bingo

I agree 100% :rollin

Although since I started my business I have always only carried "Manufactures Lifetime Warranty" film I never tell the customer unless they specifically ask. I dont use it as a way of advertising or to clench the deal. I try and sale the quality of my install.

Over the years I have had very few warrnaty claims but the ones that I have had my film manufacturer has handled it well so the whole warranty issue has not been that big of a deal thus far. However, as has been mentioned on here before that most do not really keep up with the warrnty card, roll numbers, film type and the such. Also not many people keep a car for more than 4-5 years anyway. These two things are what the manufactures are counting on. In this case if the small business just "eats it" for the sake of extending good will to the customer this leaves the small business owner footing the bill with the customer and the manufacturer reaping the benefits.

Customtinting,

In your last post you said "I treat every customer with the proper respect, since THEY pay my bills." well so do I but the key word there is proper. As a business owner I would most likely refrain from telling him to F#@k off but I would however tell him to "get real" I would very kindly explain that the bsiness had switched hands at least three times and while things twelve years ago may have been handled more informally that now every manufacturer requires certain elements to honor the warranty none of which he has. Also that the warranty is a "Manufactures Lifetime Warranty" and the part of the warranty that you are responsible for is for proper installation which evidently has upheld since it has been twelve years. Any reasonable person should understand that while you may sypathise with his situation you can not foot the bill for it. After being kind to him and explaining the situation if he chooses to badmouth then so be it, he is most likely not worthy of being one of my customers.

Guest Thetintcenter
Although since I started my business I have always only carried "Manufactures Lifetime Warranty" film I never tell the customer unless they specifically ask. I dont use it as a way of advertising or to clench the deal. I try and sale the quality of my install.

Over the years I have had very few warrnaty claims but the ones that I have had my film manufacturer has handled it well so the whole warranty issue has not been that big of a deal thus far. However, as has been mentioned on here before that most do not really keep up with the warrnty card, roll numbers, film type and the such. Also not many people keep a car for more than 4-5 years anyway. These two things are what the manufactures are counting on. In this case if the small business just "eats it" for the sake of extending good will to the customer this leaves the small business owner footing the bill with the customer and the manufacturer reaping the benefits.

Customtinting,

In your last post you said "I treat every customer with the proper respect, since THEY pay my bills." well so do I but the key word there is proper. As a business owner I would most likely refrain from telling him to F#@k off but I would however tell him to "get real" I would very kindly explain that the bsiness had switched hands at least three times and while things twelve years ago may have been handled more informally that now every manufacturer requires certain elements to honor the warranty none of which he has. Also that the warranty is a "Manufactures Lifetime Warranty" and the part of the warranty that you are responsible for is for proper installation which evidently has upheld since it has been twelve years. Any reasonable person should understand that while you may sypathise with his situation you can not foot the bill for it. After being kind to him and explaining the situation if he chooses to badmouth then so be it, he is most likely not worthy of being one of my customers.

Nice reply! :rollin

Archived