Johnson Ceramic Insulatir and Radio issues

Guest TX_Twister

I am also thinking that I need to be there to watch them remove the film to make sure they don't screw anything else up doing that. Is there anything to be concerned about with the removal of this Johnson Insulatir from my Camry ?

:krazy just let 'em do their job. you watching isn't gonna help out in any way at all.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

HO reduced their stacking and shaved .5mil off of C-30 & 40 a while back. In doing so, the performance of the C-30 went up and is now 63%TSER. Not that anyone is keeping track. :krazy

We were able to get a hold of some C-20. Looks nice, feedback was that is was harder to shrink than the 30. Most people that can afford these films are happy with 30%vlt and up so the 20% will be special order.

Guest tintgod
HO reduced their stacking and shaved .5mil off of C-30 & 40 a while back. In doing so, the performance of the C-30 went up and is now 63%TSER. Not that anyone is keeping track. :shock

We were able to get a hold of some C-20. Looks nice, feedback was that is was harder to shrink than the 30. Most people that can afford these films are happy with 30%vlt and up so the 20% will be special order.

how can they reduce the stacking and get better hear rejection?..you would think it would be the reverse..reduce and lose rejection :krazy

unless the reflectivity went up with the lose of stacking :krazy

Guest vclimber
HO reduced their stacking and shaved .5mil off of C-30 & 40 a while back. In doing so, the performance of the C-30 went up and is now 63%TSER. Not that anyone is keeping track. :krazy

how can they reduce the stacking and get better hear rejection?..you would think it would be the reverse..reduce and lose rejection :shock

unless the reflectivity went up with the lose of stacking :krazy

:poop It is still a dual-ply film and the reflectivity has not changed. Even matches the thicker stuff exactly...

Guest tintgod

how can they reduce the stacking and get better hear rejection?..you would think it would be the reverse..reduce and lose rejection :hmmm

unless the reflectivity went up with the lose of stacking :shock

:krazy It is still a dual-ply film and the reflectivity has not changed. Even matches the thicker stuff exactly...

well hell...I thought you know everything about HO?...I guess I was wrong..I am very disappointed in you. :poop:poop

Guest TX_Twister

Update to the situation on The Camry -> I got the car to the shop to remove the film and low and behold got a ration of _ _ _ _ from the reputable tint shop. The owner of the shop was intent on only replacing the film if the radio was not working (I.e. Totally blocked). He spent several hours playing around with trying to reproduce the problems. After some "discussion" I brought up the flame-age on back window. He then told me that ALL ceramics ghost when put down ? This was before he even looked at the window. Awesome customer service -> It would be good to have a sample of the ghosting to show what things will look like prior to shelling out the $$. After looking at the window he finally relented that it was a horrible job that I should have brought back right away. Nice - I think that it should not have made it out of his shop to begin with.

Thanks to this group for totally bringing a nube up to speed on this stuff. As to 'giving the shop another chance -> ' NO WAY ...' After removal of the Johnson InsulatIR film the AM radio AND the Sat now work GREAT -> MUCH MUCH better. Word to the wise -> Thank god I programmed the AM radio prior to the tint job so I could check against that program after tint. Only after the film was removed off the back deck and the AM radio stations NOW all tuned in much much better did the owner relent and show me the money ... Bummer situation all around - I wasted A ton of time with this. Looks like you do not always get what you pay for. For you Camry Hy owners -> STAY away from the Johnson IR-XX Film unless you really don't care about AM and Sat radio...

Thanks to the tint dudes that were keeping it real on this one and not just howlee'ing me out like greedy shop owners ! SWEET ... :what

TX ...

PS -> I am going with the Formula One Pinnacle as I have heard that the HO sometimes does interfere with AM reception and I do not want to go thru this again. After all this I want to give myself the best shot -> This presses me over to the SunBuster team on 183N ! Any feedback on those guys ? The Toyota dealer actually has these guys do their work including installs for the Sat so if it is an issue they can move the sat ant up front !

Guest Litespeeds
PS -> I am going with the Formula One Pinnacle as I have heard that the HO sometimes does interfere with AM reception and I do not want to go thru this again. After all this I want to give myself the best shot -> This presses me over to the SunBuster team on 183N ! Any feedback on those guys ? The Toyota dealer actually has these guys do their work including installs for the Sat so if it is an issue they can move the sat ant up front !

I have a felling even with Pinnacle, you will have the same issues. It is definitely recommended that you go for a non-metallic film like the Suntek Carbon or Madico Charcool.

I think some cars are more prone to interference than others and it just happens that yours is one of those.

PS -> I am going with the Formula One Pinnacle as I have heard that the HO sometimes does interfere with AM reception and I do not want to go thru this agai !

I have a felling even with Pinnacle, you will have the same issues.

Since Pinnacle is made to have zero interference, it should be exactly what he is looking for. I'm curious, why you feel he'll have the same issue?

It's simple to demonstrate, on a car, the difference in films that have no interference vs. low interference vs. massive interference. We've had several occasions to have a competitors customer come in to our shop with minor or major static on the AM. We remove their film from the rear and static is gone. Installed Formula One Pinnacle and no change in reception vs. a window with no film.

Archived