$4.00 gallon gas by summer!! "Why?"

Guest tallscott

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those things are hard to find :thumb That was one of the cars on my list back in FEb when I was used car hunting.

I would drive the sum buck fo and not give a rats azz about looking cool :beer

Guest darkdan

Well, they laugh until I hit the gas station and $26 is a full tank.

Then I'm the one laughing!

I will admit, I do feel a bit ashamed when I pull into a gated community with 6 to 10 million dollar homes and I roll up in an Aspire.

Guest CajunTinter
Well, they laugh until I hit the gas station and $26 is a full tank.

Then I'm the one laughing!

I will admit, I do feel a bit ashamed when I pull into a gated community with 6 to 10 million dollar homes and I roll up in an Aspire.

I hope you don't get ran over in that thing !!!

Filled up yesterday and it was 4.59. There is a local am/pm gas station that has happy hour every Tuesday and they sell for 3.89. I'm going to have to start taking advantage of that more often but the lines are ridiculous!

Macro point of view:

I'm glad gas prices are going up. We still are one of the cheapest places in the world to buy gas, were just used to it being cheaper yet. Anyways, gas prices going up are a good thing. Anybody been to a major city lately? LA is the best example. The smog...god. Anyways these prices cause driving to go down for one, creating less "smog". 2. This will push the green movement even harder. There is a lot more incentive for new power supplying businesses to pursue green power as natural resource price continue upwards. Perhaps pelosi will finally get her cock out of her ass and make some subsidy's available. Plus this green movement will most likely continue in america, since we enjoy complaining about cheap gas prices (vs. the world that is) which will create more jobs in the states. They will need sales, tech IT etc... I'm all for rising gas prices (I still drive the same amount, same speed and fill up on the same schedule).

Micro point of view:

Gas prices suck. I liked it when gas was .96 per gallon, I could fill my moped up for less than a dollar and cruise for the entire week. Now shitloads of my check goes to stupid fatcat oil companies draining my wallet. These corporations are only considerate about one thing...profits (which, in essence, isn't that a point of a business?). Yes I would like lower gas prices. Yes it sucks that it costs 55 bucks to fillup my 13 gallon tank. Yes, people will complain about it, but not really take any action themselves.

Synopsis:

I'm all for higher gas prices, f**k make it 15/gallon. Push that alternative energy movement! People always seem to have something to complain about but with no action, nobody ever takes things in stride anymore. If you really want to drop prices start a boycott. You only buy gas 1 day a week. The rest of the week nobody is allowed to buy gas, plus you only buy it from national based gas companies (I can't remember them off hand but do a little googling and you'll find them). I hate to scream "media media" but the majority of the economic crisis in america is fueled by the media, which then turns into fueling the general public into panic. Pulling money out of investments (bad) and putting it under mattresses which won't matter since the dollar is failing anyways.

So what am I going to do?

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

There is no right answer, nobody is ever right. When one thinks a politician is right, the other thinks the opposite. I like to think I have the ability to see both sides logically which means both arguments are right...and both arguments are wrong. There is very little that I can do to sway anything that is going on with anything besides what I have going on personally in my life (micro). Macro, unless you have some pull and leadership skills, you're f****d.

So I am going to do nothing and be happy doing nothing. I can discuss this stuff all I want, but where will it get me? Nowhere. I don't have anyone to enable. I don't have anybody to follow me to the depths of hell trying to sway gas prices, the war in Iraq...the afterlife.

Moral of the story:

Stop worrying and complaining and just live. Do not be fearful to dying, be fearful of not living.

~chris

:err That's capitalism. That;s why. $8 here long time ago - and everything is OK :rollin

Sorry to telling that - nothing personal - Mr. K. Marx told about all this :thumb some 150 years ago..... That's capitalism - and that's explanation.

Sell or die. People can't survive without gas. Gas sellers invcrease prices. And - NO WAY. YOU HAVE TO BUY. Gas prices - increase other prices. That increase wages. Wages increase inflation ...And so on...+ BIG POLITICS (don't want discuss it here)....

And - we all are just toys in capitalist shark hands....

MarXXX.jpg

Archived