Making a cheap peeling board

Guest Peja43916

Guest Peja43916

Where do you get it from? I also saw in one of the posts where you said you stuck it into the door jambs. The picture was hard to tell what you meant. Can you please explain? Never scratched the car with it?

Guest SlammedNiss

Scan your local craigslist or call a local glass company for a set of old sliding arcadia doors. We got ours for free. Mounted some 2x6's to the wall, put some lighting behind it, and screw the door to the 2x6's. Hinged at the top to easily change the bulbs.

Guest General Sun Shield
Scan your local craigslist or call a local glass company for a set of old sliding arcadia doors. We got ours for free. Mounted some 2x6's to the wall, put some lighting behind it, and screw the door to the 2x6's. Hinged at the top to easily change the bulbs.

:shoot1

Most glass comapanys have got old units that have been replace just waiting to be tossed.

I have never paid for one :shoot1

How does everybody fasten their glass peeling/cutting board to the wall? I just bought a huge new one and am going to do it tomorrow or Friday and I'm just wondering what methods you guys use to hold it up... And no V!AGRA jokes :shoot1 Mine's 1/4" thick and I'm trying to decide how to mount it on a sheet of solid plywood and then mount that to the wall... I've got a couple ideas in mind but I'd like to see other people's methods.

Guest SlammedNiss
How does everybody fasten their glass peeling/cutting board to the wall? I just bought a huge new one and am going to do it tomorrow or Friday and I'm just wondering what methods you guys use to hold it up... And no V!AGRA jokes :shoot1 Mine's 1/4" thick and I'm trying to decide how to mount it on a sheet of solid plywood and then mount that to the wall... I've got a couple ideas in mind but I'd like to see other people's methods.

As I mentioned above, we have 2x6's mounted to the wall, then we just drilled holes through the arcadia doors and bolted the doors horizontally to the 2x6's.

If I remember, I'll take my camera to work and take a pic.

I was thinking of using those. Do they come big enough for glass this thick?

And to the guy who said he'd take pics of his, thanks but mine aren't doors so I can't screw them to it, it's a new sheet of glass.

And the tape idea... I'm not too much of a fan of that one :shoot1

Guest SlammedNiss
And to the guy who said he'd take pics of his, thanks but mine aren't doors so I can't screw them to it, it's a new sheet of glass.

Fine then. I'll just go sit in my corner now. :eyebrows

Archived