Creation Science Seminar - part 4

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I can see it, either 'theory', creation or evolution, both have gaping holes that can't be accurately explained. So, I think it takes faith of sorts to believe in either... just depends which one punches your ticket.

I am from a scientific background. I personally dont believe in creationism.

Science is simply systematical gathering of knowledge and making interpretations, by that definition the more information the better, so there is nothing wrong with seeing information presented that may conflict with previous suppositions based on incomplete knowledge.

After all, we have spent most of our lives hearing one point of view, that point of view being supported by information that isn't correct. It couldn't hurt to spend a couple of hours to hear a presentation that gives you more information on which to make a more informed supposition. :eyebrows

Guest fastlanedesigns

Man I hate I missed out on this one. I really must hang out here more often! This is one of my favorite topics now that I teach science! Anyway, Abigail Adams (wife of the second president) once said "“I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic.” I can't possibly add to that, she pretty much summed it up.

The only other thing I will add her is that in science I teach my students that "We don't believe anything in science. There is either evidence for it or not." That's what makes it science: testable, observable, etc. And for those of you who do not know me, I grew up in a fundamental christian home and attended a very conservative Nazarene college where I studied science education. In fact, my mentor just finished his PhD on the conflict of evolution and religion in science education. It made for an interesting topic to say the least.

Archived