Creation Science Seminar - part 4

Guest tallscott
the reason for our "de-evolution" as you would call it, is because of the imperfection passed on to us by our original parents. the further we get from perfection, the worse off we are.

I must have missed that part in the Bible.

as far as the earths age....I think only God really knows that....but even still....if the earth is only 6-10,000 years old....that doesnt mean that the stars werent there b4 that....so the light would still travel, even if the earth werent there yet.....kinda like life went on before you were born (even though I believe that the bible account only allows that men have been on earth for that amount of time...not the creation of the physical earth)

Gen 1:1 "In the begining God created heavens (distant stars) and the earth."

After all, day one Gen 1:4-5 "... God divided the light from the darkness: And God called the light Day and the darkness He called Night."

According to scripture the light was created on day one. Man on day six.

So if people have a hard time believing what's written on page one of the Bible......................

God divided the light from the darkness:He didn't create light on the first day, He separated light from darkness! That would mean somehow they both were together at the same time. Thats something to ponder!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan
God divided the light from the darkness:He didn't create light on the first day, He separated light from darkness! That would mean somehow they both were together at the same time. Thats something to ponder!!

Yes he did create it on day one. Gen 1:3 "Let there be light."

Yes, they are separated. Daytime and nighttime.

Why would it matter if they were together (which, I don't understand how light and the absence of light can be the same thing...............)? After he created them on day one, they became separate, thus what we know as a day. Therefore, establishing the days of creation as days.

Edit: Stars, sun, and moon were made on Day Four. My bad.

Well that whale with leg bones thing has been debunked, it's even discussed in the video in the original post.. (any one actually watch it?)

Carbon dating is also talked about in the creation seminar, as well as strata dating and how useless they both are. They date the strata by the fossils found and date the fossils by the strata they were found in, totally circular reasoning.

As far as the first days of creation, I believe they are literal days and that God doesn't need vast time spans to create the appearance of light, even if light does travel as slowly as it seems, and I'm not so sure about the speed of light anyway.

If the speed of light and the speed of time are so inseparable, then light actually travels at the 'speed of time', but God was creating the rules as he created time, space and matter, he wouldn't be restricted to wait a zillion years for light to get to earth before proceeding.

Guest tallscott

Yes he did create it on day one. Gen 1:3 "Let there be light."

Yes, they are separated. Daytime and nighttime.

Why would it matter if they were together (which, I don't understand how light and the absence of light can be the same thing...............)? After he created them on day one, they became separate, thus what we know as a day. Therefore, establishing the days of creation as days.

In that context He created the solar day. I agree. That doesn't mean there was no light prior to that. The bible says that "God IS light and there is no shadow or turning in Him" Pslams 104:2 "Who coverest thyself with light as a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain". Based on the physical laws we understand the absence of light is darkness. But if God in essence IS light and everything that is made was made by him, light must be in everything that has been made. So if we assume that the absence of light is darkness (No light) yet the bible says He divides light and darkness, we must not quite have such a grip on that theory. If we assume the lack of one means that absence of the other is true, we are missing it. So when you say "I don't understand how light and the absence of light can be the same thing" you got my point! Something to ponder!!

Ah, the old creation/evolution nonsense. When will people learn that it does'nt make a difference. Does it effect your living??....NO, Does it effect your lifestyle, job, family??? ...NO Learn not to listen to the so called'experts' on any of this. The video posted is just one more piece of a large effort to control your minds, to get you to believe one persons opinion. IT IS A LOAD OF CRAP!!! Whether you believe any view, live your life the right way, and all will be fine. I love the religious zealots who go to church on Sunday (or syngogue on Saturday) and pray to god to forgive their sins, only to go out on Monday morning and screw over everyone they come in contact with, only to do it all over again the next weekend. Who gives a damn where we came from?? You are only here for 100 years max, a nanosecond compared to the real running of time, and we waste it on thoughts like this. Creationism comes from the bible, a book written by man, not god. God only provided the 10 commandments, supposedly. The rest is all of our doing. I grew up catholic, and converted to Judaism 15 years ago. Even the Rabbis I deal with now will say that much of what is written in the torah may be done by man for specific reasons. Dietary laws (Kosher, not mixing meat and dairy, no pork) came from the sanitary coniditions of the times, and were passed on by the religious leaders for safety and health reasons, not the word of god. As they say, follow any god or leader blindly, and you will end up blind, and dead. Neither of these beliefs have any scientific evidence as being real, so, follow whatever you like, but remember, none of it matters, you'll still be dead within the next 50 to 100 years!!!!!!! :klingon

I'll try to give you answers as to why these things do matter...

Ah, the old creation/evolution nonsense.

Well I wouldn't call the pursuit of knowledge of the origins of life and the universe nonsense, just try to look up at the night sky without wonder and awe.

When will people learn that it does'nt make a difference. Does it effect your living??....NO, Does it effect your lifestyle, job, family??? ...NO Learn not to listen to the so called'experts' on any of this.

It affects the way I look at the world.

If we are just animals like the schools and media and so called science would have us believe then there is NO right or wrong. We should all live as we please and do unto others any wrong that we want, after all that's how we supposedly evolved, survival of the fittest and most ruthless.

But if there is a God and his bible is true, then we have a code to live by and an eternal hope.

You know in your heart that it is wrong to murder or commit other sins.

Why do you know this? Because the law of God is written in the heart of man.

So, to me it makes a huge difference. :klingon

The video posted is just one more piece of a large effort to control your minds, to get you to believe one persons opinion. IT IS A LOAD OF CRAP!!!

Um, if you watched the video you would realize that it is pointing out the effort of controlling minds by knowingly using false information in text books in an effort to convince children that evolution is the origin of life.

Whether you believe any view, live your life the right way, and all will be fine.

Well there we go. How do we know what is right and wrong and how to live life the right way?

Evolution says "do as thou will", creation says there is right and wrong and consequences for sin.

We had better figure out which of these diametrically opposed ways to live are right so devoting time to finding truth is far from nonsensical.

:lol2

Guest darkdan
Well that whale with leg bones thing has been debunked, it's even discussed in the video in the original post.. (any one actually watch it?)

Carbon dating is also talked about in the creation seminar, as well as strata dating and how useless they both are. They date the strata by the fossils found and date the fossils by the strata they were found in, totally circular reasoning.

As far as the first days of creation, I believe they are literal days and that God doesn't need vast time spans to create the appearance of light, even if light does travel as slowly as it seems, and I'm not so sure about the speed of light anyway.

If the speed of light and the speed of time are so inseparable, then light actually travels at the 'speed of time', but God was creating the rules as he created time, space and matter, he wouldn't be restricted to wait a zillion years for light to get to earth before proceeding.

I did watch it. He just says it's debunked, but if you look at all the evidence it's not.

He doesn't talk about radiometric dating except, "Don't believe them that they say they do it."

Then goes on to talk about how we date the sediment layers of rock with fossils, and the fossils by the sediment layers. But we date the layers above and below the sediment layers by radiometric dating.

It's like if someone dies on their front door step and lands on top of today's newspaper and the next day the paperboy throws that day's paper on him. It's pretty easy to figure out when he died.

Ah yes, another, "God did it," answer to a question. This is why I avoid these conversations because usually you get, "They made an error in copying the Bible" or "Because God did it."

In that context He created the solar day. I agree. That doesn't mean there was no light prior to that. The bible says that "God IS light and there is no shadow or turning in Him" Pslams 104:2 "Who coverest thyself with light as a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain". Based on the physical laws we understand the absence of light is darkness. But if God in essence IS light and everything that is made was made by him, light must be in everything that has been made. So if we assume that the absence of light is darkness (No light) yet the bible says He divides light and darkness, we must not quite have such a grip on that theory. If we assume the lack of one means that absence of the other is true, we are missing it. So when you say "I don't understand how light and the absence of light can be the same thing" you got my point! Something to ponder!!

It still says he created light on day one.

So now is He light or is He wearing light? If He is light and He made light........then I guess He made himself and is not only light, but wears light too.

Odd all these references to light. A lot of other cultures used to worship the light and it's source the sun.

Then goes on to talk about how we date the sediment layers of rock with fossils, and the fossils by the sediment layers. But we date the layers above and below the sediment layers by radiometric dating.

It's like if someone dies on their front door step and lands on top of today's newspaper and the next day the paperboy throws that day's paper on him. It's pretty easy to figure out when he died.

Reheheheeealy? I have two words for you, polystrate fossils. :klingon

floodfossilpolystrate2gif.jpg

Guest darkdan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polystrate_fossil

Both sides have reasonable explanations for both.

If you want to discuss the flood.

How are we to have derived so many different languages, cultures, religions, and people in the short time since the great flood and now (roughly 4,000 years) from Noah, his wife, his three sons, and his three son's wives? How'd they keep that ship clean with all those animals?

How was the flood supposed to kill all the fish, sea mammals, and amphibians or vegetation that can live under water?

What about Gen 8:11, where'd that olive leaf come from that the dove found if everything was killed.

Where did the water come from? Where'd the water go?

Noah only had to take the land animals, and they didn't have to be adult animals at that. He was in the Ark for a year, so that's plenty of time for a seed to germinate after the water receded.

According to the Bible, before the flood 7000 years ago there was a water vapor that surrounded the earth, hence the creation verse about the separation of the waters. During the flood, the water vapor that surrounded the earth fell, and the vast underground water reservoirs were broken up. After that the ocean floor sank and the continents rose creating the dry land and huge amounts of sediment creating the strata layers and the fossils.

Archived