Creation Science Seminar - part 4

Guest darkdan
Noah and his three sons all had a measure of this dark pigment. From Shem came the Babylonians, the Assyrians, the Jews and the Arabs who vary from fair to light-brown skin. The descendants of Japheth, who include the Indo-European races, vary from light skin to dark brown. As for Ham (meaning swarthy or sun-burnt), some, but not all, of his descendants had dark skin. The Egyptians, with light-brown skin, descended from Ham’s son Mizraim. Ham’s son Canaan, who was cursed by God because of bad conduct, was the forefather of the light-skinned Canaanites.

as far as 8 to 6 billion...you really dont think that is possible in 4000 years??? really dan???

here is what a bit more research dug up for me:

As population expands, it does not increase by simple consecutive addition (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc.) but by exponential growth or multiplication (1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.).

Yes, those are three things I have problems with. 4000 years is a VERY short amount of time.

#1 The obvious incest that had to happen to produce any population from 8 people

#2 The large amount of diversity that you claim to happen from 8 people, in a short amount of time, with similar genealogy.

#3 The short amount of time to go from 8 to 300 million (keep in mind, people die, typically only 4 generations are alive at one time)

#4 Spreading out all over the earth in that period of time

#5 Just the whole, "These people came from this son and these from that son." I would be more inclined to believe that after a significant population developed they spread out and THEN changes occurred based on enviroment (after all, ancient people were black).

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rollin

1. "...Assume that C = 2 and x = 2, which is equivalent to saying that the average family has 4 children who later have families of their own, and that each set of parents lives to see all their grandchildren. For these conditions which are not at all unreasonable, the population at the end of 5 generation would be 96, after 10 generations, 3,070; after 15 generations, 98,300; after 20 generations, 3,150,000; and after 30 generations, 3,220,000,000. In one more generation (31) the total would increase to 6.5 billion.

keep in mind that sin being degenerative , didn't affect lifespans (generations) immediately Henry M. Morriss Phd.

2. Regarding the tower of babel, it wasn't that God thought they were trying to reach heaven physically, ( they built it on the plains of shinar, if it was elevation ,there were surrounding mountains that would have added to the height at the start.

They were building a "religious " temple, meeting place, church etc. , in direct rebellion to Gods command to go forth or scatter. And what they were building wasn't going to include God. Do a study on Nimrod the king of Shinar and you will find that along with his wife Semiramis ( Ishtar) ,they were established as gods and godess.

The occultic practices were what God was destroying.

3. No one has ever found an intermediary example of evolution . If you were to use say a flying fish for example , where are the skeletal remains of the fishes that grew 2 ft. wings then 1ft. or whatever length until they evolved them just right for propulsion and flight corresponding to their weight. woops fred those aren't gonna work ,see ya in another 5,000 yrs try again. common sense... deductive reasoning :krazy

1. "...Assume that C = 2 and x = 2, which is equivalent to saying that the average family has 4 children who later have families of their own, and that each set of parents lives to see all their grandchildren. For these conditions which are not at all unreasonable, the population at the end of 5 generation would be 96, after 10 generations, 3,070; after 15 generations, 98,300; after 20 generations, 3,150,000; and after 30 generations, 3,220,000,000. In one more generation (31) the total would increase to 6.5 billion.

keep in mind that sin being degenerative , didn't affect lifespans (generations) immediately Henry M. Morriss Phd.

2. Regarding the tower of babel, it wasn't that God thought they were trying to reach heaven physically, ( they built it on the plains of shinar, if it was elevation ,there were surrounding mountains that would have added to the height at the start.

They were building a "religious " temple, meeting place, church etc. , in direct rebellion to Gods command to go forth or scatter. And what they were building wasn't going to include God. Do a study on Nimrod the king of Shinar and you will find that along with his wife Semiramis ( Ishtar) ,they were established as gods and godess.

The occultic practices were what God was destroying.

3. No one has ever found an intermediary example of evolution . If you were to use say a flying fish for example , where are the skeletal remains of the fishes that grew 2 ft. wings then 1ft. or whatever length until they evolved them just right for propulsion and flight corresponding to their weight. woops fred those aren't gonna work ,see ya in another 5,000 yrs try again. common sense... deductive reasoning :lol6

Good post :lol6 That book I was refering to "The Two Babylons" really goes into depth about Nimrod and his wife, and how that has affected all religions, including christianity. Nimrod was quite a guy. :krazy

Guest darkdan

You're assuming that 2 people are going to multiple in that fashion. What about those that remain single forever. Those that die before reproduction. Infant mortality. Not to mention I'm not buying this degenerative lifespan from sin (especially since lifespan now is highly UP) and people living to be 600, 900, etc. Why would there even been this whole idea of lower lifespan from sin when Deut. 24:16 says that the children shall not be punished for the sins of their fathers. And, didn't Jesus die for our sins? So shouldn't it have reset?

In four generations my family tree has gotten SMALLER! So 2^x power is bad math. Even today our population growth rate is only 1.4%! What about people that have 3 children, or 2, or 1?

But you still haven't answered how they could in such a short time (some cultures recorded history goes back to 3000 BC) spread all over the world, look so differently, and then completely forget to write anything down about monotheism or their homeland and change their opinion on the matter to start worshiping other gods.

Where's the transitional cultures as people slowly forgot about monotheism? Or did they forget about Him all at once? How did they get to places like Australia? South America? Walking from the middle east to Brazil is a very very long walk.

Not to mention the different levels of advancement. Did the Native Americans walk all the way from the middle east, get here, and then FORGET about the wheel?

3. No one has ever found an intermediary example of evolution . If you were to use say a flying fish for example , where are the skeletal remains of the fishes that grew 2 ft. wings then 1ft. or whatever length until they evolved them just right for propulsion and flight corresponding to their weight. woops fred those aren't gonna work ,see ya in another 5,000 yrs try again. common sense... deductive reasoning :krazy

I'm no scientist, but I know this much. They have found them. Whether or not evolution works by leaps and bounds of slow steps I don't know. What I do know, is no matter how many transitional species they find some people won't believe because, "What about the one between those two. Where's that?"

Deductive reasoning. Now when I was a little kid and heard these stories for the first time I had a lot of these same questions come to my mind. Even to me that age it just didn't make sense.

Good post thumb.gif That book I was refering to "The Two Babylons" really goes into depth about Nimrod and his wife, and how that has affected all religions, including christianity. Nimrod was quite a guy. trust.gif

Amazon shipped it to me yesterday. =)

I'd like to know this guys response to radiometric dating. While it's true fossils cannot be radiometricly dated, either the layer they're in, or the one above or below can be.

I like how people say, "radiometric dating isn't accurate or real," but when the Dead Sea Scrolls were carbon-14 dated they rejoiced.

Not to mention several transition species.

Whales with leg bones.

The Human Genome Project revealing all kinds of useful information about being genetically related and diverging from other things.

And if there is such a thing as intelligent design, we really got the shaft. Humans can barely hear, we can barely see (poorly designed eyes), we can barely smell. Not to mention the whole we can't live without sunlight, but UV light gives us cancer. Where's the intelligence in that? Let's not forget our bones and endocrine system peak before 30, and then decline after 30. Which means we're designed with a very poor shelf life. Thinking of shelf life, why the decline? Adam lived to 930. Moses lived to 120. Plus, I don't know too many modern day 80 year olds that could walk in the desert for 40 years. If anything I would say that is an example of de-evolution

As I asked in the galaxy thread, if the earth is only 6,000~10,000 years old as the fundamentalist believe........why can we even see other stars if they're millions of light years away?

Just for posterity: I hear everything I need to, I see all I need to see , and smell the same. :bingo . I invented a microscope , binoculars,telescope,for extra sight.

When I need to hear a tree grow ,sound magnification .

If we didn't fill our bodies with all the man made gastrofantazmagora, uv light would be no problem. (I'm guilty)

I'm thankful I was created ,as I am.

If I only live to 70 I will be thankfull for a wonder filled and wonderfull 70 yrs. :err

We still must remember that the basis of belief in creationism is a book (or books) written by man, during a stage in humanity, when no scientific opportunities were available. The belief comes from literature, written by men, and believed by some to be used for control of the people, when much was not right. Jewish and Muslim dietary laws, created by religious leaders to protect the masses.(these were entered into the torah and other writings long after the initial writing) Laws and rules supposedly handed down by god, entered into religious books when war and strife were most prevelant. This to help stop these issues. We must remember, the creationism idea is steeped in religion, not science. It comes from mans unique process of having an imagination, and nowhere else. Who is to say there had to be a beginning??

We still must remember that the basis of belief in EVOLUTION is a book (or books) written by man, during a stage in humanity, when no scientific opportunities were available. The belief comes from literature, written by men, and believed by some to be used for control of the people, when much was not right. Fraudulent proofs for EVOLUTION were created by men to deceive the masses. (These were entered into the science books and other writings long after they were proved wrong) Laws and rules supposedly handed down by NATURE, entered into SCIENCE books when war and strife were most prevelant. This to help promote these issues. We must remember, the EVOLUTION idea is steeped in fraud, not science. It comes from mans unique process of having an imagination, and nowhere else. Who is to say there had to be an EVOLUTION??

:err:bingo

Archived