llumar atc

Picked up some llumar ATC(replaces At, a little thicker) I use this on the rear windows as not to interfere with the radio signals. The last 2 out of 3 cars been having a problem with puckering, could it be the film?? or the car but I'm leaning towards the film. I have used ATR and AT and never had much puckering. I get more puckering with the ATC, I use the wet method but don't think this would affect it. :beer I need some advice here to rectify the problem, all this puckering is driving me crazy and wasting my time :thumb:beer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, too, have noticed the ATC puckering as well as not sticking to the edge matrix very well. BUT>>> has anyone else noticed that it doesn't shrink very far. Also, it ghosts worse than a full metal film. I did a new VW GTI last week, not even a 20" tall back glass. I barely made it to the edge matrix before the film was done shrinking. I had to live with a crease or 2 in each corner, hidden by the dots. THEN I noticed the ghosting! Holy Crap! My boss couldn't see it very well but it jumped out at me. Just for comparison, I tinted a '98 Eclipse last Saturday in ATR and not a crease one, and it wasn't done shrinking. This back window is almost 40" tall! :thumb

I, too, have noticed the ATC puckering as well as not sticking to the edge matrix very well. BUT>>> has anyone else noticed that it doesn't shrink very far. Also, it ghosts worse than a full metal film. I did a new VW GTI last week, not even a 20" tall back glass. I barely made it to the edge matrix before the film was done shrinking. I had to live with a crease or 2 in each corner, hidden by the dots. THEN I noticed the ghosting! Holy Crap! My boss couldn't see it very well but it jumped out at me. Just for comparison, I tinted a '98 Eclipse last Saturday in ATR and not a crease one, and it wasn't done shrinking. This back window is almost 40" tall! :thumb

I agree with the ghosting and the matrix

have not used the ATC, but if you are wet shinking then that can hurt you on puckers for sure....The thickness will make a difference as well.....but it is supposed to be the same thickness as the ATR....so?

Dry shrink! Ryk Shrink! learn my trick and you will be amazed at how well the film will lay down....SMOOTH

Archived