llumar atc

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Picked up some llumar ATC(replaces At, a little thicker) I use this on the rear windows as not to interfere with the radio signals. The last 2 out of 3 cars been having a problem with puckering, could it be the film?? or the car but I'm leaning towards the film. I have used ATR and AT and never had much puckering. I get more puckering with the ATC, I use the wet method but don't think this would affect it. :jerkit I need some advice here to rectify the problem, all this puckering is driving me crazy and wasting my time :jerkit:thumbdown

Explain "puckering". Do you mean the little "maggot" looking bubble things that develop around the defrost wires if you over heat the film when shrinking? If that is what you refer to, I have not noticed them with the new ATC

Guest h0wld0g

I use atc love it alot better than sun-gard id say... as far as puckering alot of it has to do with the back glass especially the thickness of the defrost lines and as far as it not heating far enough in my last try it goes far enough and yes it hazes if its not hot outside but it goes away within about 30 minutes and why use it over atr? its a great film for a good bit cheaper

Guest Texstar
Picked up some llumar ATC(replaces At, a little thicker) I use this on the rear windows as not to interfere with the radio signals. The last 2 out of 3 cars been having a problem with puckering, could it be the film?? or the car but I'm leaning towards the film. I have used ATR and AT and never had much puckering. I get more puckering with the ATC, I use the wet method but don't think this would affect it. :jerkit I need some advice here to rectify the problem, all this puckering is driving me crazy and wasting my time :thumb:jerkit

Explain "puckering". Do you mean the little "maggot" looking bubble things that develop around the defrost wires if you over heat the film when shrinking? If that is what you refer to, I have not noticed them with the new ATC

I beleive that is what they are refering to :thumbdown

Guest Litespeeds

Time is money and puckering takes time to heat up and push away. Unless you are getting more money for your installs, I'd say go back to ATR.

Problem solved!!! Alot of you told me to use dry shrink and it works...THANX!! :thumb My Llumar rep came by the other day and told me how to do the 'dry shrink with soap' and the 'reverse roll'. Should have learned these techniques years ago, much better installs. I shrunk a '08 civic in under 5 minutes :broken Once again thanx everyone for replying :krazy:broken:thumb

Problem solved!!! Alot of you told me to use dry shrink and it works...THANX!! :lock My Llumar rep came by the other day and told me how to do the 'dry shrink with soap' and the 'reverse roll'. Should have learned these techniques years ago, much better installs. I shrunk a '08 civic in under 5 minutes :lock Once again thanx everyone for replying :lol2:lol2:lol2

WOW

Archived