Preparing to attack the dot matrix

Guest socaltint1

Guest socaltint1

Im sure you know the Caddy has a rather large dot matrix. I am going to use the liquid resins method I read about on an earlier post. My only concern is the tint will look like a large piece of clear plastic is laying beneath it. Do you find that to be the case or with the resin will the matrix become a non issue?

Oh also...is there any difference with the spacing of the dot matrix and how the tint lays down over it? Or is it - if theres a matrix, be prepared for it to show up when you finish up the back glass no matter the spacing? :shoot1:shoot1

As always. Thanks again! :nope:shock

the tighter the matrix, the less likely it will stick. thats why they sometimes stick on the bottom but let air in towards the top where the dots get tighter. I usually just glue the cts. it doesnt come out perfect like most, but it does look way better than just layin it up. never had any complaints

Guest Thetintcenter
Im sure you know the Caddy has a rather large dot matrix. I am going to use the liquid resins method I read about on an earlier post. My only concern is the tint will look like a large piece of clear plastic is laying beneath it. Do you find that to be the case or with the resin will the matrix become a non issue?

Oh also...is there any difference with the spacing of the dot matrix and how the tint lays down over it? Or is it - if theres a matrix, be prepared for it to show up when you finish up the back glass no matter the spacing? :hump:kiss

As always. Thanks again! :hump:hump

If your going to use the resin you first have to use some alcohol on the dots to prep it for the resin. Brush on a thin layer and let dry (5-min) apply second coat let dry and then apply film as usual. It will dry without any white and look perfect. :spit

Archived