Waiver and care sheet/reciept

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest goldtooth
I'm a mobile tinter located in michigan, and I'm figuring to cover my ass, I tint cars "illegally" I guess sometimes by putting film on the front windows when it is not legal in michigan. Do any of you shop owners have a copy of a waiver I could have my customers sign to void myself of any liability involved in that?

:spit jiggra... :kiss to the board dude :hump

Guest Key West
oh I'm not saying it doesnt apply to me at all. If I didnt care I wouldnt ask and I expected a little more than being the laughing stock, especially from people in the same line of work. I dont know where you are from, but in this state I couldnt name a shop that WONT tint your front windows, everywhere I have ever been or any place I have ever talked to will do it but you have to sign a waiver prior to doing it and I was just looking for some of the wording from those waivers, thats all. you do things your way ill do them mine

"if you cant say anything nice dont say it at all" :hump

Welcome to the board dude, its just a subject that gets beat to death around here :kiss

Read around theres been alot of discussions about this. Personally we dont do it here in TX because our laws

are fair. IMO whoever said having them sign a waiver is just an admission of guilt on your part said it best.

If your gonna do it just do it nobody can stop you but I wouldnt leave a paper trail :spit

And surely to god do not go bragging about !llegal tint on a public forum, especially this one where people are so ADAMANTLY opposed to it.

Guest S and S

A waiver is saying "Hey I am an idiot and I tinted a car !llegal, but thats ok because I have this waiver that not only says I tinted it !llegal but I am a BIG dumbass and have proof!"

OMG HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO ANSWER THIS STUPID QUESTION!

Guest Da Beach

Questions for Mustang;

Have you ever smoked pot while driving down the street? :spit

Have you had your friend rob a bank while you waiting in the get-away-car? :hump

Do you sell all kinds of dr*gs as well? :hump

If you anwered yes to any of these above, then you don't need to have anyone sign anything. :hump

:lol2:lol2:kiss:hump:hump:lol:lol2:lol2

they told me that as long as I put on the invoice that the customer was informed that the tint was !llegal and that they accept full responisibility and had the invoice signed, that I was free and clear of any liability. :spit

I wonder why they dont put that on ther warranty cards then :kiss

Guess you never read manufacturers auto warranty cards. Almost every manufacturer puts on them that if the tint is !llegal to apply in the state it is used in, the warranty is null and void.

My advice to you is read the law in your state. Does it say it is !llegal to apply the film or !llegal to operate the motor vehicle with it applied? This is a gray area. I, for one, won't pass judgment on you. You need to feed, clothe and house your family and sometimes this is how it goes. Almost everyone does something they shouldnt in business and then take the holier than though attitude. Do what ya have to do to survive, but consult a lawyer on the waiver. many will tell you it isnt worth the paper it's printed on. Depends on your state laws. Good luck and welcome to the board.

At the end of the day its not worth all the trouble. In Hawaii there pretty sneeky, they send undercovers with a car to tint with !llegal tint and when the jobs done you pay a fine $287 per window even tiny quarter windows. Not worth it! Also insurance companys out here are starting to deny claims if you have !llegal tint. Claiming the !llegal tint impairs the drivers vision and was put on by the vehicles owner. Anyways dont do it.

Archived