Waiver and care sheet/reciept

Basically, many are advocating a good number of tinters shutting down business. That is basically what will happen when they begin to only apply the legal limit for their area. For example, New York has a 70% law. With the vlt already cut by the glass, there are pretty much no films that can be legally applied in that state to a vehicle. This means that all the auto tinters in New York would be out of business should they see fit to only apply legal. In CT, we have 35%, which means applying 39% min, since they dont take the glass into consideration when checking. I know many of the shops in this state and their most popular film in 20%, NOT 35-39%. Pushing the tinters who do auto in these states into the flat glass end creates another problem. Ther is sufficient business to support the existing flat glass tinters plus a few that enter the market, but when all of the auto tinters enter the race, many will still go under due to such smaller slices of the pie. On Long Island, NY alone into the city of New York, there are approximately 65 -80 tint shops and this doesnt count the back alley guys. Throw them into the flat glass mix and you have a receipe for disaster.

Those of us who dont do auto, or live in a state where the laws are much looser, can preach all we want, but at the end of the day, WE don't do anything to try to help these instalers change the laws for fear it will backfire on us. I find it hard to believe that all who preach 'legal' have never installed a film below their legal limit. Check out the chart Legal Tint and see if this is true. Remember that NET means film PLUS glass. So, even a 35% film in a 32% net state is !llegal, since most glass is now about 6% +. Last I read, a meter will test 27% on 35% film plus glass.

I say give the guys who are just trying to make a living a break. I am sure they don't get up each morning and say "Gee, how many !llegal things can I do today??" :beer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
Basically, many are advocating a good number of tinters shutting down business. That is basically what will happen when they begin to only apply the legal limit for their area. For example, New York has a 70% law. With the vlt already cut by the glass, there are pretty much no films that can be legally applied in that state to a vehicle. This means that all the auto tinters in New York would be out of business should they see fit to only apply legal. In CT, we have 35%, which means applying 39% min, since they dont take the glass into consideration when checking. I know many of the shops in this state and their most popular film in 20%, NOT 35-39%. Pushing the tinters who do auto in these states into the flat glass end creates another problem. Ther is sufficient business to support the existing flat glass tinters plus a few that enter the market, but when all of the auto tinters enter the race, many will still go under due to such smaller slices of the pie. On Long Island, NY alone into the city of New York, there are approximately 65 -80 tint shops and this doesnt count the back alley guys. Throw them into the flat glass mix and you have a receipe for disaster.

Those of us who dont do auto, or live in a state where the laws are much looser, can preach all we want, but at the end of the day, WE don't do anything to try to help these instalers change the laws for fear it will backfire on us. I find it hard to believe that all who preach 'legal' have never installed a film below their legal limit. Check out the chart Legal Tint and see if this is true. Remember that NET means film PLUS glass. So, even a 35% film in a 32% net state is !llegal, since most glass is now about 6% +. Last I read, a meter will test 27% on 35% film plus glass.

I say give the guys who are just trying to make a living a break. I am sure they don't get up each morning and say "Gee, how many !llegal things can I do today??" :beer

how many of these shop went into business knowing what the law was/is...and knew they were going to have to tint illegally to make a living.?

Guest tinterbabe
they told me that as long as I put on the invoice that the customer was informed that the tint was !llegal and that they accept full responisibility and had the invoice signed, that I was free and clear of any liability. :lol2

I wonder why they dont put that on ther warranty cards then :beer

Guess you never read manufacturers auto warranty cards. Almost every manufacturer puts on them that if the tint is !llegal to apply in the state it is used in, the warranty is null and void.

Guess you didnt read there posts. There statement was why didnt the manu put the !llegal waiver on the warranty cards if they thought it was ok

Ridiculous thought process here. I agree with guest. They knew what they were getting into when they got in the business

they told me that as long as I put on the invoice that the customer was informed that the tint was !llegal and that they accept full responisibility and had the invoice signed, that I was free and clear of any liability. :lol2

I wonder why they dont put that on ther warranty cards then :beer

Guess you never read manufacturers auto warranty cards. Almost every manufacturer puts on them that if the tint is !llegal to apply in the state it is used in, the warranty is null and void.

Guess you didnt read there posts. There statement was why didnt the manu put the !llegal waiver on the warranty cards if they thought it was ok

Ridiculous thought process here. I agree with guest. They knew what they were getting into when they got in the business

A war of words is not what I am looking for, but your statement lacks merit. Most of the tinter DID NOT know whathey were getting into when they entered the business. Most were already in business when knee jerk reaction laws were put in effect to raise the vlts. I would only say that come back and make this same post when your state enacts a law that give you only 70% vlt(incl. glass). I would bet that your tune would change then, especially if you are an auto tinter only. This IS what happened to New York after an officer was killed in the city and they blamed it on the fact that the car was dark tint. The law was not this before. So, by claiming that my thought process is ridiculous, you must also be advocating that the tint shops go out of business, since no one could survive on doing 70% + vlt for auto. If you knew the whole story, such as what happened in NY, your statement would hold water. However, since you have not had to face this kind of law change, stating that they knew what they were getting into, is completely wrong. All tinters who were in business before the law change would have to be able to predict the future to know this.

What I find ridiculous, is te wholesale attacks on business persons who are trying to support their families doing what they have done for years and having the legislature enact a law that pretty much forces them out of business. I see many posts going right at this person of this thread, but I don't remember anyone posting negatively against a recent Pic of the week and post on a car with !llegal tint on it by a tinter in a 70% state. When more states begin enacting these tougher laws, I wonder how many of you LEGAL tinters will follow it, thereby probably ending your career, or do what you have to do to survive. I will not be a hypocrite on this issue, since I do not tint auto, but I would say that if I were in business for years and this law was enacted, I would do what I had to do to feed my family. You and guest are not in their shoes and do not understand their situation. I would say that you may pass judgment the day YOUR state puts such a law into place, thereby restricting YOUR trade. You are in the business now and have the same type of law they had when they started. When yours changes, we will see what you do.

dang it! I wish I would've seen this post earlier!!!

it would've been way fun to follow it. especially with the crappy week ive had with school. haha. oh well. tinting soon. I just scored a sweet deal with a catering biz...

back to topic!

Mustang guy from CTP... I feel bad for you. this is a rough can of worms :gasp but so fun for an outsider :_

they told me that as long as I put on the invoice that the customer was informed that the tint was !llegal and that they accept full responisibility and had the invoice signed, that I was free and clear of any liability. :poke

I wonder why they dont put that on ther warranty cards then :poke

I say give the guys who are just trying to make a living a break. I am sure they don't get up each morning and say "Gee, how many !llegal things can I do today??" :gasp

A war of words is not what I am looking for, but your statement lacks merit. Most of the tinter DID NOT know whathey were getting into when they entered the business. Most were already in business when knee jerk reaction laws were put in effect to raise the vlts. I would only say that come back and make this same post when your state enacts a law that give you only 70% vlt(incl. glass). I would bet that your tune would change then, especially if you are an auto tinter only. This IS what happened to New York after an officer was killed in the city and they blamed it on the fact that the car was dark tint. The law was not this before. So, by claiming that my thought process is ridiculous, you must also be advocating that the tint shops go out of business, since no one could survive on doing 70% + vlt for auto. If you knew the whole story, such as what happened in NY, your statement would hold water. However, since you have not had to face this kind of law change, stating that they knew what they were getting into, is completely wrong. All tinters who were in business before the law change would have to be able to predict the future to know this.

What I find ridiculous, is te wholesale attacks on business persons who are trying to support their families doing what they have done for years and having the legislature enact a law that pretty much forces them out of business. I see many posts going right at this person of this thread, but I don't remember anyone posting negatively against a recent Pic of the week and post on a car with !llegal tint on it by a tinter in a 70% state. When more states begin enacting these tougher laws, I wonder how many of you LEGAL tinters will follow it, thereby probably ending your career, or do what you have to do to survive. I will not be a hypocrite on this issue, since I do not tint auto, but I would say that if I were in business for years and this law was enacted, I would do what I had to do to feed my family. You and guest are not in their shoes and do not understand their situation. I would say that you may pass judgment the day YOUR state puts such a law into place, thereby restricting YOUR trade. You are in the business now and have the same type of law they had when they started. When yours changes, we will see what you do.

It's only a matter of time..law inforcement is got the same mentallity everywere.. ''you got tint yur dirty''. My advise to all auto tinters start wrapping Z06's and STI's and triple your solar prices...the suns not going anywere.

Guest MsMarco
they told me that as long as I put on the invoice that the customer was informed that the tint was !llegal and that they accept full responisibility and had the invoice signed, that I was free and clear of any liability. :thumb

I wonder why they dont put that on ther warranty cards then :gasp

Basically, many are advocating a good number of tinters shutting down business. That is basically what will happen when they begin to only apply the legal limit for their area. For example, New York has a 70% law. With the vlt already cut by the glass, there are pretty much no films that can be legally applied in that state to a vehicle. This means that all the auto tinters in New York would be out of business should they see fit to only apply legal. In CT, we have 35%, which means applying 39% min, since they dont take the glass into consideration when checking. I know many of the shops in this state and their most popular film in 20%, NOT 35-39%. Pushing the tinters who do auto in these states into the flat glass end creates another problem. Ther is sufficient business to support the existing flat glass tinters plus a few that enter the market, but when all of the auto tinters enter the race, many

will still go under due to such smaller slices of the pie. On Long Island, NY alone into the city of New York, there are approximately 65 -80 tint shops and this doesnt count the back alley guys. Throw them into the flat glass mix and you have a receipe for disaster.

I say give the guys who are just trying to make a living a break. I am sure they don't get up each morning and say "Gee, how many !llegal things can I do today??" :lol2

I agree with everything you said because it makes sense. If the law was 70% nationwide, would the only ones that would be complaining only do flat glass or have another business to carry them because if it doesn't effect them it doesn't matter.? I would like to see how big of a deal the !llegal tint topic would be after no one can tint legally anymore, some don't seem to notice the spread of !llegal tint talk outside of this forum can actually change things in the real world. How long before the police use what you write in this forum against customers and make it a misdemeanor or felony to have tint because hey if you guys are so paranoid about it it must mean something, right? Some things are just better left unsaid and the original poster should have known that if he had just used the search button. I'm going to go hide now :lol2:gasp

Pa is no better with the 70% law. So NY tinters I feel your pain :rollin Personally I think there should be one law across the country around 35%,with law enforcement still being able to see inside vehicles. Manufacturers are putting factory tint around 15-20% which is hard to see in on cloudy days & @ night. I don't agree that they can get away with that but a regular hard working Joe gets screwed. Around the philly suburbs area cops are really tough on the tint since crime is low & they have nothing to do. Philly is a lot different , you can drive around with limo all around & they won't care due to them having more serious things to worry about. Most of the shops I know though will tint illegaly around here if a custy asks . I'm not in the business so I can't pass judgement since I'm not in their shoes.

Your waiver can be exchanged for a summons by an injured party that is not you customer with whom you signed the "waiver" but the one who retains a personal injury attorney for the injury your customer causes.

Waivers are, however, very good for wiping your ass.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definiti...-defendant.html

Archived