Waiver and care sheet/reciept

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michigan legislature regarding window tint. its in the first few paragraphs... also... windows can be tinted in the front rollups if the customer has a physicians notice... which are really easy to get from what I hear.

The medical exemption here in CA states that the tint must be removable at night, which pretty much means it can only be Klingon film.

Is it the same in MI or most other states for that matter?

Michigan legislature regarding window tint. its in the first few paragraphs... also... windows can be tinted in the front rollups if the customer has a physicians notice... which are really easy to get from what I hear.

The medical exemption here in CA states that the tint must be removable at night, which pretty much means it can only be Klingon film.

Is it the same in MI or most other states for that matter?

no, it doesnt have to be removable in MI. I dont know about other states medical exemptions though. most of the people in my family have the notice because my grandparents have such bad eyes. haha. its actually sad. not too much to laugh at. so we all take really good care of our eyes. at least on my mom's side of the familia.

You are asking for legal opinions here, and I don't think any lawyers reside here.

Make an appointment with an Attorney to get a proper legal document drawn up.

Then, let us know what he or she says.

I have spoken to an attorney about this. the response I got was there is no law in NY state against tinting windows. the law is written in a way that its the driver of the car that is responsible for the being compliant with NYS traffic code.

If you take a look at the MI law its state the first line says it clearly

MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (EXCERPT)

Act 300 of 1949

Sec. 709.

(1) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle with any of the following:

Here in New Zealand we are liable for a $30,000 fine for !!llegal installs, not worth that at all. Anyways who wants a death on their conscience?? :rollin

I have heard stories for years now regarding people being fined and arrested but ive never met anyone who has been arrested and ive never seen a ticket ever. As far as civil liability for installing tint darker than the law allows that is a different story. Im sure that that if you install Limo or spray paint windows so that the driver cant operate the car safely you could have a problem.

NY State attorney generals office sent out a bunch of letters request invoices and customers names over the last month. People have been getting tickets for 35% 50% and 70% film installs and tinter are saying that its 'Legal' and its not so my suggestion is to be honest and make the customer aware that any film is !llegal and stay as light as possible. They are investigating unfair business practices

Before anyone jumps in biting my head off save it I dont care I personally install 70%-50%-40% on half the cars I tint (10+/week). I dont advocate Limo (5%) tinting.

I live in a rough state, I wish I could tint 100% legal but I cant

Guest goldtooth
You are asking for legal opinions here, and I don't think any lawyers reside here.

Make an appointment with an Attorney to get a proper legal document drawn up.

Then, let us know what he or she says.

I have spoken to an attorney about this. the response I got was there is no law in NY state against tinting windows. the law is written in a way that its the driver of the car that is responsible for the being compliant with NYS traffic code.

If you take a look at the MI law its state the first line says it clearly

MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (EXCERPT)

Act 300 of 1949

Sec. 709.

(1) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle with any of the following:

Here in New Zealand we are liable for a $30,000 fine for !!llegal installs, not worth that at all. Anyways who wants a death on their conscience?? :spit

I have heard stories for years now regarding people being fined and arrested but ive never met anyone who has been arrested and ive never seen a ticket ever. As far as civil liability for installing tint darker than the law allows that is a different story. Im sure that that if you install Limo or spray paint windows so that the driver cant operate the car safely you could have a problem.

NY State attorney generals office sent out a bunch of letters request invoices and customers names over the last month. People have been getting tickets for 35% 50% and 70% film installs and tinter are saying that its 'Legal' and its not so my suggestion is to be honest and make the customer aware that any film is !llegal and stay as light as possible. They are investigating unfair business practices

Before anyone jumps in biting my head off save it I dont care I personally install 70%-50%-40% on half the cars I tint (10+/week). I dont advocate Limo (5%) tinting.

I live in a rough state, I wish I could tint 100% legal but I cant

:spit I hear you brother :nohit: tint laws in ny suck,that is one of the reasons I moved to fl :spit

No better way to cover you ass then a written document admitting you knowingly broke the law :lol.

:lol Ya know!! Are you guys retarded??!! If it's !llegal to apply dark film, why on earth would you give a receipt saying you did??!! Jeez, you guys make my head hurt!! :lol

Do I need to go to my pot analogy again??

Got this from some New York Tinting website......section e of New York tint law

(e) On and after January first, nineteen hundred ninety-two no person shall manufacture, sell, offer for sale, equip or operate a motor vehicle in this state in violation of the provisions of this subdivision, except that a person may operate a nineteen hundred ninety-one or earlier model year vehicle without violating this subdivision if the windows on said vehicle were in conformity with this subdivision as it existed on December thity-first nineteen hundered ninety-one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that says you can't apply !llegal window film in New York. I'm pretty sure that's standard in every tint law, you can't apply it, duh!!

Guest tint phantom

tinter's rule #1 to cover your ass, use dark tint, cash only, no receipt, no warranty, no paper work leading the law back to you. that's all I have to say about that!!!!!!!

:lol

I always giggle at the "waiver" reference. Sure, give a waiver if you never plan on owning anything. You sure are taking a big risk if you ever do want to have anything nice. It's YOUR future, gamble with it if you wish.

It is the client's CHOICE to go beyond legal, they need to understand there are sacrifices when they break the law. It goes beyond just getting a ticket. LIABILITY.

Archived