Waiver and care sheet/reciept

oh I'm not saying it doesnt apply to me at all. If I didnt care I wouldnt ask and I expected a little more than being the laughing stock, especially from people in the same line of work. I dont know where you are from, but in this state I couldnt name a shop that WONT tint your front windows, everywhere I have ever been or any place I have ever talked to will do it but you have to sign a waiver prior to doing it and I was just looking for some of the wording from those waivers, thats all. you do things your way ill do them mine

"if you cant say anything nice dont say it at all" :eyebrows

I am by no means backin illigal tint but.... give me a break here, competion wise everyones doin it. In my state waiver or no waiver the tint shop is responsible along with driver. I know 1st hand lol, imho PROVE I tinted it. No invoice, cash only and tell custy up front no warranty. Other wise your ass is in the sling waiver or not.

If the police accept them and the custy has no copy just how is your ass in a sling? legal or not if it flies it flies :twocents just saying :twocents

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't speak on a waiver but here in Mississippi if the customer has a medical exemption then that would qualify as the "waiver"; your are released from liability if you have this medex--my suggestion is that you keep a copy of the medex just for your records and maybe have an attorney or someone draw up a release as well if your state doesn't have any--cover yourself.

Be safe

Guest 4G63

I know for a fact that two of the "big time" shops (one in Bowling Green, one in Lexington) tint twenty cars a day darker than legal. Both shops write on the invoice "FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY". They have been doing this for 20+ years, not one incident to date. Now before anyone rips me, how is this any different from an installers point of view, say you install a nitrous kit on some jackholes mustang (it clearly states on the package off road or track use only) and two days later they hit the spray and wrap it around a telephone pole. Is the installer to blame? Say they hit some poor soccor mom on her way to practice and hurt some kids? Is the installer to blame? For you guys in Cali, do you get tickets for installing some aftermarket CAI that doesnt pass smog?

Archived