Bidding in a big job for security film

Hey guys

I have got a construction company call today to bid on 10 storey building. They need security film on it.

I do not have a lot knowledges on submission proposal on bigger company.

Any suggestion?

Talk to who you are buying your products from. They need to guide you in the right direction

If they are of no help, PM me

talk to them about products, do not tell them the location of the job because the manufacturer will out bid you man!

if you have employee's be prepared to submit workers comp, contractors lic, in case they ask upon/before they actually pay up. :dunno

Talk to who you are buying your products from. They need to guide you in the right direction

talk to them about products, do not tell them the location of the job because the manufacturer will out bid you man!

if you have employee's be prepared to submit workers comp, contractors lic, in case they ask upon/before they actually pay up. :dunno

Excellent points

if you have employee's be prepared to submit workers comp, contractors lic, in case they ask upon/before they actually pay up. :spit

thanks a lot man

Guest metro jim

Hey if you havent bid yet make sure you get an extra 15%-20% more than your regular commercial rate for 4 mill, it takes longer to squeeze out the water. an extra 30%for 6 mills 40%for 8-10 mils and about that your price should be double. If you give your manufacturer all the info they may rip you off, happens with the biggest names. If an attachment system is required (other than dow 995) you may run into trouble as its impossible to get reliable pricing. if thats the case try to just bid on the film part alone and drop the price other wise there are a few companies that offer the whole package and price the film part out cheap knowing that they can get it back in the attatchment end. I had walked away from a multi-million dollar bid because I couldnt get pricing for the attatchment system, (thanks arpel/old castle I will never call them again P.s they are in bed with your competitor do not give them any information either!). The worst part is we were a prefered contractor of The GC and they personaly added us to the bid list, We likely would have gotten the job as long as we beat out the other 2 main bidders even if our price was higher then the other 8 bidders!.

Archived