Just need some advice

Guest 200kbrothers

Guest 200kbrothers

I would really appreciate if somebody could answer these questions for me. Thanks you!

I was wondering how much film cost takes from the net profit? Percentage wise?

How many compact cars can I tint on average with a roll of tint at 40x100ft?

How much should I pay a experience tinter by the hour?

Thank you for your help =D

come in and sit a while. Participate in some discussions. Get your posts up. Post an introduction about yourself. Once you have established WHO you are here a bit more these questions might get answered a bit better.

Use the search and you will find most of your answers.

Guest willie
I would really appreciate if somebody could answer these questions for me. Thanks you!

I was wondering how much film cost takes from the net profit? Percentage wise?

How many compact cars can I tint on average with a roll of tint at 40x100ft?

How much should I pay a experience tinter by the hour?

Welcome to the board dude.

THe answers your looking for have way to many variables. If your a 99.99 hack your film costs will take up alot of your profit. If your one of the smarter ones getting what your worth it wont take up alot. Prices vary from region to region as well as does the product cost.

The amount of cars you can get out of that roll also depends on the waste and other circumstances.

As far as the hourly wage I try to make the shop (not myself) bring in 100.00-150.00 dollars an hour avg to cover the cost of film, utilities, rent, insurance and alot of other factors involved in my overhead for my particular area. That could need be lower or higher for other areas and other type of shop set ups :gasp

Guest 200kbrothers

lildetails, ya right lol, a lil rude of me...

I'm Phillip and along with my business partner we manage a car detailing spot in Florida. The place we own(the property as well) use to be a exxon gasoline station, so we still have that 7-11 type inside, selling refreshments, candies, cigs and beer. Well we are remodeling the inside and taking all that away and turning it into a garage for window tinting. I've been coming to this forum for the past 3 months, but just decided to join lol. Let me reword some of my questions.

How much should I pay an experience tinter by the hour?

How many compact cars can be tinted by an experience tinter on average with a roll of 40x100ft film? (How many cars can you guys do on average with that?)

How much does the cost of film take away from net profits? The film is being used by professional experienced tinters, not me LOL, so their not gonna hack away at the film. I read on some sites they said from 15%-25%? I just wanted some more advice and opinions.

how much to pay.....how good of a tinter do you want? what is the market pricing for where you are? are you going to try and be above the average on price?

Film cost is not that much, but if you have a poor tinter then waste will eat you up. I hardly ever re-do a window. I have only re-done a few door glasses the last couple years....15 to 25% is pretty accurate.

Tint jobs out of a roll.....back glass on most cars will use 50 inches average width, pair of doors will average 36 inches. With a 40 inch roll you can get a windshield strip off of the top of a lot of back windows.

lildetails, ya right lol, a lil rude of me...

I'm Phillip and along with my business partner we manage a car detailing spot in Florida. The place we own(the property as well) use to be a exxon gasoline station, so we still have that 7-11 type inside, selling refreshments, candies, cigs and beer. Well we are remodeling the inside and taking all that away and turning it into a garage for window tinting. I've been coming to this forum for the past 3 months, but just decided to join lol. Let me reword some of my questions.

How much should I pay an experience tinter by the hour?

How many compact cars can be tinted by an experience tinter on average with a roll of 40x100ft film? (How many cars can you guys do on average with that?)

How much does the cost of film take away from net profits? The film is being used by professional experienced tinters, not me LOL, so their not gonna hack away at the film. I read on some sites they said from 15%-25%? I just wanted some more advice and opinions.

You will not find an experienced tinter for $10/hr :gasp Usually anwhere from 20 - 30 % commission only based on work completed or salary. An experienced tinter should get about 9 or so cars out of a 40"x100' . Cost of film per vehicle all depends on which film you choose. Don't let that hold you back, the film you or your tinter choose just price your work accordingly. Good luck on your adventure.

Archived