Service Magic

Guest SoCar

I've spoken to a rep with service magic when I was in the security biz. sounds like a good program. I didn't like the $100 startup fee. but, cheap if you advertise anyway. they send you a number of leads every month (you determine the number) and pay a certain cost for each lead (determined by the ave amount of money spent on your service.) tinting auto would qualify for the min fee (last I checked about $7.00 per lead I think.) resi / comm wouldn't be much more. I recommend calling a rep and asking them about the demographics for tinting with their service. for example, I asked how many people in my coverage area searched for my type of service last year... last month. they will tell you. if the numbers sound good, I say do it. also gets you additional internet search results and presence.

Guest darkdan

It's hit or miss.

It drains your time. You'll spend hours talking to more customers. You'll spend plenty of time trying to email or call people that will not pickup, call back, or email you back.

You'll get 10 leads and maybe one will turn into a sale. Then you have to make sure you can offset the cost of those 10 leads.

Plus, you'll get all kinds of wrong leads. Which then you have to make a claim for a refund which they do, but it still takes a week and 10 minutes of your time. I got a lead last month for a guy that wanted me to put these "3m window film kits on my windows". You know, the plastic to keep out the draft! Wrong kind of window film buddy.

I have my radius set to 90 miles because I'm far away from most people. So now I end up driving all over the place to do bids.

If you're like me and don't do a lot of business it might be a good idea. If you're large and pretty busy this is going to be a big hassle IMO.

It's hit or miss.

It drains your time. You'll spend hours talking to more customers. You'll spend plenty of time trying to email or call people that will not pickup, call back, or email you back.

You'll get 10 leads and maybe one will turn into a sale. Then you have to make sure you can offset the cost of those 10 leads.

Plus, you'll get all kinds of wrong leads. Which then you have to make a claim for a refund which they do, but it still takes a week and 10 minutes of your time. I got a lead last month for a guy that wanted me to put these "3m window film kits on my windows". You know, the plastic to keep out the draft! Wrong kind of window film buddy.

I have my radius set to 90 miles because I'm far away from most people. So now I end up driving all over the place to do bids.

If you're like me and don't do a lot of business it might be a good idea. If you're large and pretty busy this is going to be a big hassle IMO.

good information to have. :gasp

Guest SoCar

ddan & tintshop, thanks for the info. :gasp

I'll call them monday and research it a bit more, I may try it out since there's approx 500,000 people in my tri-county area.

Guest darkdan

Oh, and one of the recent leads said to me, "I just got 'bombarded' by emails and you're the first to call."

So sounds like you'll be competing against others.

Archived