border edge trimmer worth it?

that tool might be good for edging on flat glass if you have the glass out of the window. I would not use it for auto edge cuts as I can hand cut nicely if I need to......

I might have 3000 square feet of deco film to install in the future and the windows are going to be out of the frames. I have thought about getting this edge tool if I do those.....

I own one and think it 's usless personally ..if for some reason I thought I would need it, I'd just free hand the cut and IMO it leaves too much of a gap :gasp

I've used one of those before. the tool rides on the edge of the glass. if you have overhanging film it buckles under the tool, causing an uneven cut. I've also seen it used to even out top edge cuts on rollups, but the gap is large. if you're doing frameless frost, I would come back and cut it with a long metal straight edge.

They make at least two versions of it depending on how much of a gap you want. I think no more than it costs it wouldn't hurt to have one just in case. I usually free hand it too but it could be handy for less skilled employees.

Archived