Sol-Tek

Not much conversation about this film found in my search. anyone know anything about it? a guy came up from TN that I ran into and swore by this film. He says he's been using it for 4 years. No glue when you remove it, shrinks 2 directions. Thick, but can chizel out anything, even creases. Priced super cheap (which scares the heck outa me.) He's telling me the 2-ply charcoal is the way to go with these guys. I'm wondering if its an unknown awesome company, or a joke and I should stick with my High Quality Suntek. Any advice from a current or former user would be appreciated. Thank you and happy tinting out there.

yeah, I checked it out too. this guy seemed very knowledgeable and said had been tinting 10 years. uses johnson from time to time and tried llumar. he loves this film enough to try to sell me on it. price is little more than half of my other films. I figure I'll order a catalog and try it. unless someone posts and tells me not to waste my time. :beer

Guest FilmBlazer

I used their samples on one of my cars, its been about two years. No fading or purpling in the Michigan sun, it was easy to work with but I didn't really do any shrinking with it. I have a finger that pops up on a rollup and I hammer it down... It keeps coming back but it will still lay down if I hit it with a hard card even after two years lol. I'm too lazy to hit it with heat, maybe if I ever pull the car into the garage I'll try it. Overall the film looks good, I keep waiting for it to turn purple, but it hasn't yet!

Guest vkickboxerw

I used it for about three months cause thats about how long it took to come back faded. I was using the one-ply which only comes with a one year warranty. The two ply is supposed to be life time. True it leaves virtually no glue when stripping it off which is a good thing cause I have a feeling you may be doing alot of that. I've got one of thier distributors down the street from me which is why I tried them out. You can also chisel out everything including creases as long as your willing to accept the distortion in the film it leaves from the glue moving around. Just my two cents.

Guest Thetintcenter

I tried to get a sample from them and was told I had to pay for it. Not a great way to get business in my opinion. They sent me some swatches that were paper clipped and cut in different sizes. Not professional. I stayed away. :thumb

Guest thatsnappyguy

let me just tell u my experience with " soltek"... this is not gonna be good just to let u know.

called em up, got some samples. liked it enough to order 7 rolls. the tint I recieved was nothin like the samples. very rubbery and doesnt shrink well at all. they swore it would shrink laterally, BS! the tint would literally cristalize as I push the water out. looks like crap, feels like crap. they refused to take the film back and give me my money back. I did 3-4 cars with it and that was 5 years ago. still have all the rolls at the house. I spend about $700 or so on it and didnt get anyhting back. some women dealing it out thier house from what it sounded like when I was ordering. basically they scammed me and I would love to see them out of business or at least get my money back from this sh***y tint that I still have.

Archived