wired glass + solar films?

I've tinted a ton in basically every flat glass film out there and never had a single problem.

now this is what I was asking for, experience

it's going up there

thanx blade

thanx everyone

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've tinted a ton in basically every flat glass film out there and never had a single problem.

same here, and the possible reason the mau. wont warranty it is because that glass is expensive, and if there is breakage, they dont want to pay for the glass

I wouldn't want to tint an IG with that glass, if I broke that window during the install, or was blamed for it breaking or seal failure later, you would loose you azz. You had better charge a high price to help cover your azz if it happens :dumbass

We tinted some many years ago. Had extensive glass breakage. The issue comes when the glass heats from the film, the wires expand much differently than the glass, causing stress issues. Without film, these window suffer from heat issues due to absorbtion, but when film is applied, it increases exponentially. My advice is to not film them. You may be in the middle of the install and panes will begin to break. If you are going to with this, explain it to the customer repeatedly and in writing. No glass warranty and the possibility of breakage is great. Cover yourself, depending on how many windows, this could break you if they come after you.

I think wired glass is cheap compared to the alternative for meeting the code. I think it's used for "fire glass".

Right ! Installed about 24 dualpanes ( wired glass outside ) which are used for emergency fire-exits with Bekaert Sterling 20 on the inside.

One snapped and it was probably because of shadow on half of the pane or, as usual :dunno a damaged pane. It will be replaced and I will install it again on the inside...

Keep you posted

Danny

Guest pmuzik
I think wired glass is cheap compared to the alternative for meeting the code. I think it's used for "fire glass".

Right ! Installed about 24 dualpanes ( wired glass outside ) which are used for emergency fire-exits with Bekaert Sterling 20 on the inside.

One snapped and it was probably because of shadow on half of the pane or, as usual :thumb a damaged pane. It will be replaced and I will install it again on the inside...

Keep you posted

Danny

Now if you had used some silver fader on that one and put the lighter side in the shade you might have been fine :thumb

Archived