Small tear

Guest damrass

Guest damrass

On Friday I got my car tinted the legal max, and I'm very pleased. One thing is that on the rear windshield, there's a gash/tear/rip about 4 inches long. You can't really see it from the outside, but you can from the inside. It's definitely in the film itself, you can feel it as you run your hand over it. It's right underneath one of the defrost lines, so it's not completely obviously but it's there.

Should I ask the shop (nicely) if they could fix/repair/replace it? I don't want to be a nitpicker, but I'm kind of afraid it will start to peel in the future and they won't believe me when I say the tear was there from the beginning.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It may be a releif cut, what type of car is it?

Some tinters still use those to rid themselves of side fingers, dont be to harsh yet :nohit:

:spit this is what I was thinking. Does it run right along the defrost wire evenly with an overlap or is it jagged and uneven ? This will determine if its a releif cut or a "tear" .

Guest Texstar
It may be a releif cut, what type of car is it?

Some tinters still use those to rid themselves of side fingers, dont be to harsh yet :nohit:

:spit this is what I was thinking. Does it run right along the defrost wire evenly with an overlap or is it jagged and uneven ? This will determine if its a releif cut or a "tear" .

Careful, Ive seen some releif cuts that look like tears :spit

Guest Thetintcenter

I dunno but if it's a relief cut I think it would show more from the outside in instead of from the inside out like he said. A picture would help out alot. :lol

I dunno but if it's a relief cut I think it would show more from the outside in instead of from the inside

:thumb Not if it's done right :dumbass

Archived