Small tear

Guest damrass

Done "right" means no relief cuts... :err
Done "right" means no relief cuts... :dumbass

:err

I agree in today's way of tinting with the heat gun..I mean IF a releif cut was used , there is a right way and a wrong way of doing them where they are prety much invisible to the customer eye :thumb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest damrass

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies!

The car is a '98 Mazda Millenia S.

Yes, the cut is like right under a defrost wire. It's kind of jagged tho, but it's right up against the wire and runs along with it. It's only a few inches long tho, it doesn't run the width of the entire window. What is a relief cut?

I'll try and get a picture when it stops raining.

Guest Texstar
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies!

The car is a '98 Mazda Millenia S.

Yes, the cut is like right under a defrost wire. It's kind of jagged tho, but it's right up against the wire and runs along with it. It's only a few inches long tho, it doesn't run the width of the entire window. What is a relief cut?

I'll try and get a picture when it stops raining.

Thats a releif cut :twocents

Guest damrass

Here's a picture:

tear.jpg

It stays with the defrost wire but then it comes down away from the wire at the end as you can see in the picture. If it won't peel then I'm not worried about it.

From that angle to 'me' it looks like a small crease.....

You obviously have a lot of questions..... Just take that baby back to the tint shop that did the job and have them check it out/fix it up... :dunno

From that angle to 'me' it looks like a small crease.....

You obviously have a lot of questions..... Just take that baby back to the tint shop that did the job and have them check it out/fix it up... :beer

I'd have to agree, from that angle

looks like not a relief cut that far out from the edge, but maybe a crease from shrinking it, and he got lucky and it feel on a line, or he had a peanut he tried to heat, got to hot, and creased the film there, that radius is a good spot for a peanut :dunno

take it back to the tinter let him have a look he will tell you what it is and he will fix it im sure if you are unhappy :dunno

:beer if he's lucky, sorry, couldn't resist

is the 2nd line above his finger, not counting the line his finger is on, an over lap, if so, I'll have to resend my previous therory :lol2 looks like multiple pieces :DD

Guest damrass

It's no crease. It's definitely a cut that goes down all the way to the glass. I think I'm just going to swing by the shop next time I'm over there, and have them check this and the tear out.

Thanks guys!

Archived