Question in regards to Employee Pay.

Guest Litespeeds

Guest Litespeeds

OK Everyone. I have a question for you in regards to employee pay. Let's just say I pay my guys by commission of xx% on whatever they tint. Now that I picked up a plotter and am computer cutting some patterns for specific vehicles to make it easier for the install, should I reduce the commission by 5 or 10% or just pay the guys the same rate?

I spent about $6K for a new Roland plotter and tint/ppf software so just curious what other's have done. I can see that if they tint from scratch, they deserve the entire commission but since I am making the job easier for them, I feel I should reduce their pay when they use the pre-cut patterns. Your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Thetintcenter
OK Everyone. I have a question for you in regards to employee pay. Let's just say I pay my guys by commission of xx% on whatever they tint. Now that I picked up a plotter and am computer cutting some patterns for specific vehicles to make it easier for the install, should I reduce the commission by 5 or 10% or just pay the guys the same rate?

I spent about $6K for a new Roland plotter and tint/ppf software so just curious what other's have done. I can see that if they tint from scratch, they deserve the entire commission but since I am making the job easier for them, I feel I should reduce their pay when they use the pre-cut patterns. Your feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

Remember it's the cut that deserves the pay...It's the quality of the install that matters. I'm sure that the tinters didn't ask you to purchase the plotter so why should they take a pay cut because you wanted one. If anything, they now have to work harder changing the rolls and setting up the plotter and weeding, etc.. I own one also. In my opinion they should not take a pay cut. If you want PM me if you need any help setting the plotter up. BTW what software will you be using.

Are they able to tint more cars in a day and make up for the lost income, or are they doing about the same amount of cars and making less money? I would suggest not to rock the boat if you have good long term employee's. :dumbass

Remember it's the cut that deserves the pay...It's the quality of the install that matters. I'm sure that the tinters didn't ask you to purchase the plotter so why should they take a pay cut because you wanted one. If anything, they now have to work harder changing the rolls and setting up the plotter and weeding, etc.. I own one also. In my opinion they should not take a pay cut. If you want PM me if you need any help setting the plotter up. BTW what software will you be using.

:dumbass

Are they able to tint more cars in a day and make up for the lost income, or are they doing about the same amount of cars and making less money? I would suggest not to rock the boat if you have good long term employee's. :err

:err you start paying less, they may feel they can produce less, actually, if they can start putting out more work with the plotter, which is probably your intent, then they may deserve a bonus in the future, keep them happy while making you money :thumb

Guest mntintguy

I would say to keep the pay the same if you are going to run the cutting machine. If you are cutting and they are applying the film, then they will be able to do more installs in a day. If they are doing more installs, then you are making more money. :dumbass

I can see that if they tint from scratch, they deserve the entire commission but since I am making the job easier for them, I feel I should reduce their pay when they use the pre-cut patterns.

Seems to me your intention when purchasing the system, to reduce commission costs. It is a crap shoot on what the reaction will be when you do. Determination will be the volume factor.

Bottom line is profit. We are all in this to make money. If your profit and the employee's income rises, then you both win.

Archived