Question in regards to Employee Pay.

Guest Litespeeds

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fire um all! :lol2 Heheheh :dunno just teasing! I have had a plotter for years but the only thing I use it for is custom cut sun visors and paint protection or windows that are hard to get to because of a headache rack or something. I found that even paying the same commission that ANYTIME anything went wrong it was the computers fault. :beer

Guest JUSTIN

My thoughts are that your intentions is to create increased productivity by reducing their work load and making the install quicker and easier, which means you will be able to accept more cars per day than your current situation. Keep the pay the same, and communicate that you expect more accomplished each day.

We only use our plotter for ppf, and I will tell you that Justin and I personally cut the kits and we still have issues with the plotter screwing up the film, or not cutting properly. Now matter how sophiscated computers get, nothing is ever going to work perfect. Sometimes it's so frustrating it makes us sick. So, yeah your going to eat some product in the plotter, it's just the cost of doing buisness.

Good luck Stan! :dunno

Guest tintgod
My thoughts are that your intentions is to create increased productivity by reducing their work load and making the install quicker and easier, which means you will be able to accept more cars per day than your current situation. Keep the pay the same, and communicate that you expect more accomplished each day.

We only use our plotter for ppf, and I will tell you that Justin and I personally cut the kits and we still have issues with the plotter screwing up the film, or not cutting properly. Now matter how sophiscated computers get, nothing is ever going to work perfect. Sometimes it's so frustrating it makes us sick. So, yeah your going to eat some product in the plotter, it's just the cost of doing buisness.

Good luck Stan! :dunno

well put ..I agree 100%

Guest Litespeeds

Thanks for all the input everyone. It is unanimous that I should not change anything. If you guys know how much I pay my top installers, you might have a change of heart. I don't want to post numbers but I don't think they would even consider looking elsewhere because nobody will match their pay. At least I highly doubt it.

I think I am going to keep everything the same for the 2 guys that run each of my shop but I will probably hire someone and teach them how to install pre-cut film and pay that person less so I can increase profits for my companies. Of course this will have a slight impact on my top installers pay because they might have to share working on a car when it isn't that busy. Either way, I have a lot to think about.

Of course I could also get off my lazy butt and work harder but I am really enjoying my semi-retired life. :thumbdown

I am a little late on this one, but I used to work at a shop that used a plotter, and I found that they dont really save that much time. We used the Tint Tek software and on the roll ups and about half of the back glass the pattern was always WAY to big. I always felt that if you cut it out by hand, you might lose a little time on the front end of the job, but you always made it up on the back end. The only way I could see a plotter making a huge difference is if you had 10 of the exact same cars wanting the exact same film lined up for the day. Between changing out film and choosing different patters, I just dont see them being that much more productive. :thumb

Archived