Still curing or did something go wrong?

Guest damrass

Guest damrass

Okay, I know all about how curing can take up to 30 days, that water bubbles and haziness are normal until it's fully cured, and that the film will change appearance throughout the curing process.

Thing is, on my driver side window, there's this pattern of haziness that has been there since I picked the car up. Unlike the water bubbles, and other haziness this haziness has not changed at all. It doesn't look like the haziness that has come and gone either. Here's a picture of the area:

haziness.jpg

What's more is there are water spots where the water bubbles were before they dried out. (Not pictured, can't see them except in the right angle/light.) It's exactly what you get when you wash dishes in a dishwasher without a rinsing agent. There doesn't seem to be any moisture left behind the film; they look completely dry. (I'm hoping it's just not fully cured yet, and I'm worrying over nothing. Please tell me that's what it is, and that the spots will disappear in time.)

Looks like it could be a couple of things:

1. It could be an adhesive track left behind when the film was too tacky and the installer tried to press it out, or

2. Is it just hard water spots on the outside of the window? Window film will make any glass imperfections stand out.

It is hard to tell from the picture. My guess is it is an adhesive smear. Ask your installer, he or she should take care of it.

Guest damrass

I've tried cleaning it, but it doesn't help. It's definitely between the tint and the window. I guess I'll stop by the shop next time I'm over that way, and have them look at it (as well as the tear mentioned in my other thread).

Thanks everyone, you've been a great help.

I've tried cleaning it, but it doesn't help. It's definitely between the tint and the window. I guess I'll stop by the shop next time I'm over that way, and have them look at it (as well as the tear mentioned in my other thread).

Thanks everyone, you've been a great help.

:beer , just be cool and understanding when you go back, and I'm sure they will be more than happy to care of you :dunno

Archived