FG pricing

Guest RCOOTE

Guest RCOOTE

are we allowed to post our prices in this section?

say to compare apples to apples (could be red delicious to granny's) sunscape select or Llumar DR or symphony they are all in the same price category for install.

So what do you charge per SQUARE FOOT for a basic install of a quality dual reflective film, all ground level easy access maybe a step ladder for the shorter folks, but no extra help, nothing out of the ordinary.

So this would be obviously based on your area and such, but I was thinking this is something that will help us be profitable, if someone close to me is charging $1.75 more then I am and is getting business, then I should increase my prices.

I won't post my prices until I see its okay..

If someone thinks this is a bad idea, remove the post..

Thanx.

Guest RCOOTE

Cool, thank you.

So I'm not really sure how far out I am on pricing, but its always such a secret, even the film reps only say, well what are you charging for this, then the answer is, your close. WTF??

So here's what I have, please guide me so I'm not the guy everyone hates because I'm in your area charging too little..

So a basic job as earlier described, using one of the films mentions, I actually only carry 2 of the above. I charge $7.60

For HUPER CERAMIC $10.50

Huper select (I haven't yet landed a job - maybe because of my price) $16.50 (more windows) -$18 (less windows)

high reflective films $6.50

If I got those prices and you had a feather up yer azz, we'd both be tickled! :thumb

Different animal down here in Houston. I'm happy with 6 on a DR

and 8 with HO Ceramic. Wish it could be more, but lots of ho's around

here.

We get alot more summer, though. And I hate cold!

My prices this summer are a little higher then that... $7 and $12.. which I'm actually considering increasing a bit. Gas is getting too freaking high..

I think I'll probably top out at $8 and $13.. When you keep the 'lower film' not really much lower then the 'upper end film' it, IMO, works better. While the standard films I can come down a bit from, I let my clients know that the higher end films are a set price based on set costs..... which in reality everything is. But I don't want to lower my high end films/prices cause I'll end up making less then if I sold the job with standard films. YMMV.

for standard films I was charging $6.50 and I had very few that didn't do the job....so I recently went up to $7.00. I just did a job with Geo IRis70 and charged $10.

Now I heard of a guy doing Vista with a "home show" discount, V18 which is a DR.....at $5.00 for 14 windows on a house....

for standard films I was charging $6.50 and I had very few that didn't do the job....so I recently went up to $7.00. I just did a job with Geo IRis70 and charged $10.

Now I heard of a guy doing Vista with a "home show" discount, V18 which is a DR.....at $5.00 for 14 windows on a house....

Don't plat the game. If you match the price, the market gets whored out again. Stick to your price and sell yourself as the better company/ installer. Too many fools give away the job at low prices and cut the margin(the manufacturers get it). I raised my prices by about $1.00 per square and have landed every quote I have made in the last three weeks. SALESMANSHIP!! If you keep your price where you have it, you can lose one out of every four an still make the same money(or more) than the competition and do less work. You have a value, don't underestimate it!!!

Guest RCOOTE

Well I'm glad I'm not that far out, if anything a little more, but maybe not for the area.. :evilgrin:rollin

I thought I was under because lately I quoted a job, using the SAME film, as another Co. (but I didn't know at the time). and when the customer called me back, they showed me the quote,They were charging $1.85 more then me( the customer didn't know the SF price, I just did the math), So I told them that is what I'm supossed to charge, but I'm a small company growing (which is true) and I lowered my prices (which is not true).

So I may bump up a little after I see a few more posts... I encourage everyone to share their prices because this may we can all be generally close on quotes and it will come down to "SALESMANSHIP" or the quality and reputation for your business. I, for one, definitely do not want to be the cheapest prices out there.

Keep the thread alive

:rollin

Archived