WARNING for Dark Tint Outlaws

Guest tint phantom

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the laws aren't followed much in my county, or state for that matter. see people on the road all day ridin dark. sunstrips on top and bottom of windshield have become super popular here. especially on dodge trucks for some reason. I know that's !llegal, however, I pass one or two everyday. must depend on the region. anyone else have it easy???

Guest mntintguy

We have a pretty simple system when it comes to tinting cars. The state gives us a number.........the boxes of film have numbers on them...........if we just match those numbers, then there is never a worry about being too dark. :eyebrows:beer

Guest olletsoc
It seems now the gov. getting cut backs on theare allotted spending theare giveing out allot of tickets for illegall tint. I received one today for front doors and windsheild, $74 each and on top of all that I have to appear in front of the judge cause I had my buisness signs on my truck and the officer then new I do it as a buisness. so I have to see if I get the big fat fine for installing illegall tint I think it's $10,000 here in FL. :eyebrows p.s. yall prey I dont get the book thrown at me it could wipe me out, and I help two other family's besides my own. Im worry about them if I lose every thing.

where did you find this figure? I've been tinting (legally) in FL for 11 years and have never seen anywhere of a installer getting fined or a law on the books outlining fines for installers.

I have heard rumors but never any hard proof

some tinters are addicted to tinting !llegally. they want to follow the rules, but, they just can't. the rush of breaking the law, the cash money, the prestige... I will be starting the first chapter of the ITA (!llegal Tinters Anonymous) and will be taking membership requests starting immediately. meetings will be here on wednesdays at 7:00 PM ET. the first step is admitting you have a problem.

:eyebrows

And, as this post shows, there are still wise asses in the group...........I can't wait for the laws to change in the states where 20% is legal down to 50 or 70%. Then lets see how many of you stay 'legal'. This shows,again, that the realization is not countrywide. Yes, tinters in many states apply !llegal film. Since the laws changed during their course of business, they may continue the practice. But, until you are in their shoes, I would not throw stones. When your laws change, and there are pushes in many of the states some of you are from to raise the vlt minimums, are you going to find another industry, or continue as you have always done?? You cant answer that until it happens!!!! The original poster is in a very precarious situation. His main mistake was to ilegally tint his work vehicle.

When the laws change in your states, lets see how many of you fold to the powers that be and tint legally......bet most of you will be out of business pretty quickly.

Sorry to hear of your problem. Yes I will pray for you that they don’t make an example out of you. Good lesson that you have learned about tinting dark papas and having your name on it. We just don’t know why things happen but there is a reason for sure. Let this make you a better person.

Stan :rollin

And, as this post shows, there are still wise asses in the group...........I can't wait for the laws to change in the states where 20% is legal down to 50 or 70%. Then lets see how many of you stay 'legal'. This shows,again, that the realization is not countrywide. Yes, tinters in many states apply !llegal film. Since the laws changed during their course of business, they may continue the practice. But, until you are in their shoes, I would not throw stones. When your laws change, and there are pushes in many of the states some of you are from to raise the vlt minimums, are you going to find another industry, or continue as you have always done?? You cant answer that until it happens!!!! The original poster is in a very precarious situation. His main mistake was to ilegally tint his work vehicle.

When the laws change in your states, lets see how many of you fold to the powers that be and tint legally......bet most of you will be out of business pretty quickly.

the dude's in florida...where the laws are very decent. he's not in some stupid state with a 70% vlt limit. so your post means nothing. he still chose to tint his doors illegally and tint his entire windshield. until we're in his shoes don't throw stones???? I wouldn't be in his shoes. yes his main mistake was to illegally tint his work vehicle. not only does it set a bad example for customers but it also runs the risk for an !llegal tint ticket and !llegal installation. play with fire long enough and you're going to get burned. looks like he played with it alittle too long.

as for you being so excited for states with 20% legal to have to go to 50 or 70.....that's the exact reason this dude should have been tinting legally. he's in a state with good laws, why challenge them further. obey the great law you have and maybe it'll stay that way. continue to tint illegally and soon enough it's gonna bite you in the ass.

Archived