WARNING for Dark Tint Outlaws

Guest tint phantom

Ditto! Tint, they do it around my way too & their personal vehicles, in fact a friend of mine who is a detective has 5% all around his personal vehicle & when he gets stopped for speeding etc, he just shows them his badge & nothing happens.

This is very true, my vehicle is tinted 5% all the way around INCLUDING 10% in the front windshield, though I have a medical condition for this so it legal all I do is have to show my permit signed by the officials and they do not bother me so its kind of nice, and yes I am VERY sensitive to light.

The boy in the tinted bubble ? weve all seen the simpsons

I wonder if they can do that here in australia , prosecute for installing !llegal film ? I know we can open a store soley to sell bongs , crack pipes and other dr*g related items but we cannot sell Dr*gs we cannot buy Dr*gs and we cannot have bongs and dr*g smoking implements but we can sell and buy them they become !llegal once out the door of the shop.

fortunately I nor have any friends ever been ticketed for tint, I have 5% on my rear and extra cab windows on my 1986 toyota pickup and 15% on my windups and no tint on the windscreen technically !llegal (wind ups must be 35%) although tint laws came in in 1994 so if cars older they cant fine you for it :rollin

glad to hear you got the upper hand in the end and that is crazy just how much they enforce dark tint and punish who installed it , cant any American own a gun ? surely guns are less safe than some moderately dark tint. tint that is too dark and causes safety risks I understand but it seems like its more so revenue raising than anything else

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintmanlibby
It seems now the gov. getting cut backs on theare allotted spending theare giveing out allot of tickets for illegall tint. I received one today for front doors and windsheild, $74 each and on top of all that I have to appear in front of the judge cause I had my buisness signs on my truck and the officer then new I do it as a buisness. so I have to see if I get the big fat fine for installing illegall tint I think it's $10,000 here in FL. :hmmm p.s. yall prey I dont get the book thrown at me it could wipe me out, and I help two other family's besides my own. Im worry about them if I lose every thing.

damn bro all my car's and truck's are done like that ,sorry wish I could help :asshat:

Every shop here but ours will put whatever you want on. It used to p1ss me off but I think Im gonna start doing it too. We arent suppose to have lettering on the windows either. Stupid huh? O and no cool tint graphics. So I say break the dam* laws. Food on the table comes first! :asshat:

Every shop here but ours will put whatever you want on. It used to p1ss me off but I think Im gonna start doing it too. We arent suppose to have lettering on the windows either. Stupid huh? O and no cool tint graphics. So I say break the dam* laws. Food on the table comes first! :beer

How much buisiness is taken away from you because the other guy will do it !llegal? Is it worth getting a fine? I would be lying if I said Ive always kept it legal. I have been small time automotive and big time res and comm. So now, I wont do it, because there is always a chance of getting caught. In houston, they are strict on tint laws. :thumb

Im a florida tinter and had a similar situation but I wouldnt advertise my business on a severely illegal vehicle. I got a ticket for windshield and sides. I started to bs with the cop and told him I was a tinter. He said he doesnt care about the people who put it on. They have to make a living. And he goes after people who seek out a shop to knowingly install illegal tint on their car. So anyway I went to court and told the judge I stripped the film. He dropped the ticket. They have no proof u installed it but the judge isnt stupid. So id go in and be honest and put legal tint on before u go

Guest VaTinterPMan

Wow so what happened to the first guy? and another question what was the % you had on there? :bingo here but stupid for having your company on illegal work driving around! also you were warned!

And also look at this shop's webpage. very blatantly about breaking the law and putting on webpage with pics and everything. Like a rapper, rapping about drugs and his guns saying the DEA and FBI can touch me in a song STUPID! http://www.actiontint.com/gallery.html

Archived